1 Day Art Tour
Art, Culture and Historical experience found nowhere else in Uganda.
A tailor-made and can be customized trip.
Affordable rates with full client satisfaction.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water - Throughout the trip
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Airport/Departure Tax
- Highlights of the tour
• A drive around Kampala, visit Nakasero state Bureau (optional)
• A visit to Uganda Ceramics mukono, an art & crafts store
• A visit to Gallery Antique for Tribal art)
• Visit Afriart Gallery & Umoja Art Gallery for Contemporary art)
• Sampling local foods (optional)
• Artists studio visit on request
• Uganda Museum Visit (optional)
• Kasubi Tombs (optional)
In the morning, the day starts with a visit to the Nakasero State Bureau a renowned old intelligence agency building where lots of people disappeared during Iddi Amin’s regime.
Embark on a short trip to the Uganda Ceramics in Mukono, an art and crafts store and also a pottery school. A project run by Austrians who now export their fine pieces to Europe and the USA. Learn how to make pots with the guidance of experienced artists from both Uganda and Europe.
In the afternoon, continue along Gayaza Road and stop for lunch at the Horse Farmhouse restaurant, enjoy an Africa-inspired menu and don’t miss to try dishes like Luwombo (food cooked in wrapped banana leaves) and more. After lunch, drive down to Gallery Antique, a traditional tribal arts gallery with museum-quality African sculptures, shields, pottery, headrests, spears, masks and other exciting ancient art pieces. Meet Joe Ndyanabangi a dealer/collector who for the last 20 years has traveled through sub-Saharan Africa collecting and researching about tribal artifacts, some of which are now displayed and for sale at his private gallery. Explore through his tribal and antique collection while learning about his travels.
Continue to Afriart Gallery, one of East Africa’s best contemporary art galleries. Afriart is a private art gallery that provides a wonderful space for Uganda’s upcoming artists, some of whom you may meet on your visit.
If time allows, on the way back to the city, visit Umoja Art Gallery where the curator will introduce you to some of Uganda’s newest generation of locally and internationally acclaimed contemporary artists. You can also opt for a Kampala Serena Hotel visit for a cultural and historical tour.
NOTE: Other Artist studio visits can also be arranged with prior notice. Please inquire we will make it happen
Departure Point :
Email, Phone Call, Whatsapp and more
AirportsKampala-Entebbe Airport, 14 Kitaasa Rd, Entebbe, Uganda
OtherKampala, Uganda - Kampala city center
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Kampala-Entebbe Airport, 14 Kitaasa Rd, Entebbe, Uganda - Any droff off destination of client's choice
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.