1 Day Dian Fossey Grave Hiking Rwanda Tour
This 1 Day Mount Bisoke Volcano hiking tour makes a perfect escape out of the city for just a day for travelers with limited time.
Check out the beautiful views and take as many photos as possible.
Travel with an expert guide.
Lunch & drinking water included.
Daily departures guaranteed.
Hotel pick up and drop off is included.
per adult from
6 to 9 hours
What's included :
- Pick up & drop off
- Hiking permit
- Drinking water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Volcanoes National Park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Volcanoes National Park, Musanze Kinigi, Ruhengeri Rwanda
If you are looking for breathtaking adventures, look not further than the Dian Fossey hike. The Dian Fossey tomb hike is exceptionally one of the most famous adventure hikes that you shouldn’t miss in your travel itinerary. Dian Fossey was the most popular American primatologist who devoted herself in conservation of the rare mountain gorillas and their habitat in the Volcanoes National Park in Northwestern Rwanda.
The tour will start and end in Kigali the capital of Rwanda. Our driver will pick you from your Hotel or Lodge(after having breakfast or with packed breakfast) at 4:30 am to start on your 2 hours journey to Volcanoes National park.
The journey to Volcanoes national park takes an average of 2-3 hours and on reaching the park offices, you will be briefed by park officers.
A trek to the Dian Fossey tomb site starts in the morning and hikers first gather at the park office at 7:00am to meet the park official for early morning briefing and at around 8:00am they depart for 30 minutes towards mount Bisoke where the actual treks begin just outside Volcanoes National Park. For this adventure, you will need a walking stick which will be given to you at the park headquarters free of charge but there are also porters around the park headquarters to help you in case of heavy load.
While on your hike, you will catch a glimpse of the spectacular Virunga Mountains. As you continue, you will come across a stone wall that marks the demarcation of the park and also plays an important part in protecting the forest elephants and buffaloes from crossing over into the adjacent communities. You will the hike through the spectacular Bisoke volcano and also encounter most of primates and other wildlife species along the way.
The trek will last between one to three hours depending on your physical fitness and speed. However, you need hiking boots that are light and water proof to help you hike through the steep slopes and the slippery terrain.
You will come back to the start point where you will meet our guide. Have lunch and head back to Kigali or your hotel.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up at any Hotel in KigaliAirports
- Kigali Intl. Airport, Kigali Rwanda
Departure Time :8/18/2019 - 10/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.