1 Day Lake Manyara Day Trip
We will drive you to Lake Manyara National Park. A park that supports one of the highest biomass densities of large mammals in the world. Famous for the tree climbing lions, the soda ash lake and its flamingos, it displays the breathtaking scenery of the Rift valley. The number of bird species it houses including flamingos, pelicans , cormorants and a few hundred other species it appears like a paradise for ornithologists. Next to a great variety of birds, the “Big Game” can also be seen. With a bit of luck you might see elephants in the wooded regions and with even more fortune the tree-climbing lions. Indeed, it was thought for a long time that the Lake Manyara National Park is the only place where lions can be found with this atypical behaviour of climbing trees. Baboons and vervet monkeys are also found amongst the forested areas and in the more open spaces, giraffes nibble at the fresh leaves while the various types of antelopes common to the region browse for tasty shoots.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Park fees
- Picnic lunch box
- Mineral Water
- Government taxes
- Entry/Admission - Lake Manyara
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Manyara National Park Tanzania
A spectacular one-day trip that includes wildlife-viewing and an opportunity to learn about the everyday lives of Tanzanian villagers. On the edge of the Rift Valley, Lake Manyara National Park is small, but its diverse eco-systems pack in a huge variety of animal and birdlife. It is rightly famous for its tree-climbing lions, but also for its boisterous baboons! A riot of colour is provided by the birdlife here, and your daytrip also includes a village tour of Mto wa Mbu.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Moshi Urban, Tanzania
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.