1 day Thakhek Cave & Trek Challenge
This one day adventure and fun leads us to explore a recently discovered cave like an explorer, discovering the unknown in this hidden adventure site. We will also get to visit the famous Buddha cave and the carstic scenary along the way.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Meal : Typical lunch
- English speaking guide
- Drinking Water
- Bridges' and cave fees
- Government taxes
- All entrance fees
- Travel permits
What's excluded :
- Beverage and personal expense
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Thakhek, Thakhek, Khammouane Province
Thakhek > Nakangsang Village > Pasuem Cave > Buddha Cave > Thakhek
Departing from Thakhek, we will follow the old French railway track that was headed for Vietnam but has never been completed. Continuing through pleasant country scenery, we arrive in the village of Ban Nakhang Xang to meet with the village guides for our trip. In the forest, our guide will point out forest products which are important food sources for the local people. We then continue to Tham Nong Paseum Cave. The cave is 400 meters long and contains remarkable stalactites and stalagmites. We will swim inside the cave to visit it.
After emerging from the darkness, we have a picnic lunch and we head toward the famous Buddha Cave, which has been rediscovered only in April 2004. The cave contains 229 bronze Buddhas that are said to be over 300 years old. We then return to Thakhek through the magnificent road n12 in the middle of a carstic scenary.
Approximately: 1.5 hours transfer, 3 hours caving, 2 hour trekking, 1 hour sightseeing
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Thakhek, Laos
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up you from any Hotel or Guesthouse, please advise us the name of Hotel or location as your staying in Thakhek.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Starts at : 08:30
- Finishes at : 16:00
- Nb of days : 1 Day
- Meals : Picnic, Lao Food
- Transport : Private tuk-tuk
- Activities : Trekking, Caving, Sight seeing, Swimming
- What to bring : Hat, Sun-cream, Clothes/shoes to get wet, Mosquito repellent, Torch, Long-sleeve clothes for trekking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.