(1 Day tour to Alexandria from Cairo)
Day tour to Alexandria 10 hours starts every day from 7 am to 18:00 pm, Private tour includes all pick up & drop off from customer location in Cairo, Entry Fees, Expert Tour guide, Lunch at Local restaurant, All Taxes Services, Snacks Bag includes (Bottle of Water, Can of Pepsi, Chips & Cake) and All Transfers by Private A/C Vehicles Newest Model, Tour excludes personal items, tipping and any Optional tours.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entry Fees
- Expert Tour guide
- Lunch at Local restaurant
- All Transfers by Private A/C Vehicle Newest Model
- Water & snacks
- Entry/Admission - Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
- Entry/Admission - Bibliotheca Alexandrina
What's excluded :
- Personal Items
- any Optional Tours
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa, Kom Al Shokafa, Alexandria 21599 Egypt
The catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa (meaning "Mound of Shards") is a historical archaeological site located in Alexandria, Egypt, and is considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Middle Ages.
The necropolis consists of a series of Alexandrian tombs, statues and archaeological objects of the Pharaonic funeral cult with Hellenistic and early Imperial Roman influences. Due to the time period, many of the features of the catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa merge Roman, Greek and Egyptian cultural points; some statues are Egyptian in style, yet bear Roman clothes and hair style whilst other features share a similar style. A circular staircase, which was often used to transport deceased bodies down the middle of it, leads down into the tombs that were tunneled into the bedrock during the age of the Antonine emperors (2nd century AD). The facility was then used as a burial chamber from the 2nd century to the 4th century, before being rediscovered in 1900 when a donkey accidentally fell into the access shaft. To date, three sarcophagi have been found, along with other human and animal remains which were added later. It is believed that the catacombs were only intended for a single family, but it is unclear why the site was expanded in order to house numerous other individuals.
Another feature of the catacombs is the Hall of Caracalla, which contains the bones of horses which were the tombs created for the horses of the emperor Caracalla in 215 AD.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bibliotheca Alexandrina, El Shatby, Alexandria 30100 Egypt
The Great Library of Alexandria in Alexandria, Egypt, was one of the largest and most significant libraries of the ancient world. The Library was part of a larger research institution called the Mouseion, which was dedicated to the Muses, the nine goddesses of the arts. The idea of a universal library in Alexandria may have been proposed by Demetrius of Phalerum, an exiled Athenian statesman living in Alexandria, to Ptolemy I Soter, who may have established plans for the Library, but the Library itself was probably not built until the reign of his son Ptolemy II Philadelphus. The Library quickly acquired many papyrus scrolls, due largely to the Ptolemaic kings' aggressive and well-funded policies for procuring texts. It is unknown precisely how many such scrolls were housed at any given time, but estimates range from 40,000 to 400,000 at its height.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Alexandria, Alexandria, Alexandria Governorate
Alexandria (/ˌælɪɡˈzændriə/ or /-ˈzɑːnd-/; Arabic: الإسكندرية al-ʾIskandariyya; Egyptian Arabic: اسكندرية Eskendereyya; Coptic: ⲁⲗⲉⲝⲁⲛⲇⲣⲓⲁ Alexandria or ⲣⲁⲕⲟϯ Rakote, Greek: Αλεξάνδρεια Alexandria) is the second-largest city in Egypt and a major economic center. With a population of 5,200,000, Alexandria is the largest city on the Mediterranean, the sixth-largest city in the Arab world and the ninth-largest in Africa. The city extends about 40 km (25 mi) at the northern coast of Egypt along the Mediterranean Sea. Alexandria is a popular tourist destination, and also an important industrial center because of its natural gas and oil pipelines from Suez.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
As per requested time our tour guide will be waiting in the lobby of your hotel and he will be holding sign showing your name on it
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.