1 day trip in 4000 Islands Highlights
This one day of sightseeing tour takes us to the 4000 Islands on the southern tip of Laos. We visit the old French bridge at Don Det, the Somphamit gorge of Don Kone and the amazing Khonephapheng waterfall. Highlight of the day is spotting the rare and globally endangered Irrawaddy Dolphins.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off only in Pakse
- Drinking Water
- Meals: Typical Lunch
- English speaking guide
- Government taxes
- All entrance fees
- Travel permits
What's excluded :
- Beverage and personal expense
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pakse, Pakse, Champasak Province
Pakse > Don Det > Waterfalls & Irrawady Dolphins > Pakse
Our van leaves at 8:00 am from the Pakse office, and travel for about 2 hours to Nakasang village. From here we take a boat to Don Det island, which takes nearly 20 minutes. We continue our trip by either walking or cycling around the island to visit the old bridge and river embankment, both built during the colonial French period. Enjoy watching local fishermen during their work on the Mekong! We proceed to visit the thundering Somphamit waterfall and stop for lunch at a local restaurant nearby.
In the afternoon we go further south for approximately 20 minutes by boat to see one of the world's rarest mammal species, the Irrawaddy Dolphins. Let's spend some time here for watching the dolphins and for relaxing. Another 30 minutes boat ride brings us to the small border town Veun Kham, where we will find our van waiting to take us to the amazing and largest waterfall in Southeast Asia, Khonephapheng. We will return to Pakse, which takes about 2½ hours, or you may drop off at the Lao/Cambodian border checkpoint.
Approximately: 6 hours sightseeing and transfer, 1 hour boating
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Pakse, Laos
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up you from any Hotel or Guesthouse, please advise us the name of Hotel as your staying in Pakse.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Don Khong, Laos
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Starts at : 08:00
- Finishes at : 18:00
- Nb of days : 1 Day
- Meals : Picnic, Lao Food
- Transport : Private Minivan, Boat
- Activities : Sight seeing
- Best In : Wet season
- What to bring : Hat, Sun-cream, Clothes/shoes to get wet
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.