10-Day Bolivia Express: Sucre, Potosi, Uyuni Salt Flats, La Paz, Copacabana, Lake Titicaca and Puno
This 10-day tour provides an introduction to the fascinating culture of Bolivia and its local communities. Starting with the cultural and industrial centers of Sucre and Potosi, you will learn about Bolivia’s turbulent history from its indigenous heritage to it colonization by the Spanish to its present-day focus on mining and agriculture. Once acquainted with Bolivia’s history it’s off to the ruggedly beautiful south-west where you will explore the lunar-like landscapes of the Uyuni Salt Flats. Continue your journey, via the thriving city of La Paz to the bright blue waters of the famous Lake Titicaca, high up in the Andean Mountains.
per adult from
What's included :
- 2 nights - Hostal Colonial (Sucre)
- 1 night - Hostal Patrimonio (Potosi)
- 1 night - Palacio de Sal hotel (Uyuni Salt Flats)
- 2 nights - Hostal Naira (La Paz)
- 2 nights – La Cupula (Copacabana, Lake Titicaca)
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Tours and transfers:
- Transfer from Sucre airport/Bus station to Hostal Colonial
- Half day tour of Sucre
- Transfer to Potosi
- Half day tour of Potosi
- Transfer to Uyuni
- Full day tour of Uyuni
- 1 overnight journey by bus/train Uyuni- Oruro (depending on availability)
- Transfer Oruro-La Paz
- Half day tour of La Paz
- Transfer to Copacabana
- Half day tour of Copacabana
- Full day boat trip and tour of the Moon and Sun islands in Lake Titicaca
- Transfer to Bolivia/Peru boarder
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Airport/Departure Tax
- This itinerary is a very adventurous option as you travel on local transport, including trains and buses for a more authentic journey through Bolivia. You will be accompanied by local guides who will provide insight into the history and culture of the country and who will help the trip to run smoothly from beginning to end. The tour finishes at the shores of Lake Titicaca in Puno, Peru, making it ideally suited for further travel into Peru and other neighboring countries. However, if you prefer to end the tour in La Paz this can be arranged on request.
If you join one of our set departures you will travel with a small group of like-minded travellers. In order to improve our customers’ experience, and to minimize impact on local communities, we keep group sizes small, aiming for a maximum number of 8 people on each departure. This itinerary is also available on a private, tailor made basis at any time of year. We take care in looking closely at every single detail of your holiday and we can provide a fully personalized service and look at your requirements in more detail to tailor the holiday to exactly how you want it.
Day 1: Arrival in Sucre
Transfer to hotel. Free day to relax and acclimatize.
Day 2: Sucre (B-L)
Half day city tour visit the Liberty Museum, the churches of San Lazaro and San Felipe Neri and the indigenous people museum ASUR.
Day 3: Sucre - Potosi (B)
Travel by bus to Potosi, once the center of the Spanish Empire’s mining operations. Visit the Cerro Rico mines and the Casa de la Moneda mint that bankrolled imperial Spain.
Day 4: Potosi - Uyuni (B)
Take the bus to Uyuni. Visit the Uyuni Salt Flats, one of the world’s most breathtaking landscapes.
Day 5: Uyuni Salt Flats (B-L)
Full day in the Uyuni Salt Flats, including visits to Isla Incahuasi and the Salt Mountains.
Travel overnight to Oruro by train.
Day 6: Oruro - La Paz (B)
Transfer to La Paz and free day at leisure.
Day 7: La Paz (B-L)
Half day city tour. Experience colonial La Paz.
Day 8: La Paz - Copacabana (B-L)
Travel in a tourist bus to Copacabana accompanied by a guide who will give you a fascinating introduction to the region. Enjoy a walking tour where you will visit Copacabana’s famous church and the Calvary. Stop for lunch at a well-known food stall.
Day 9: Lake Titicaca (B-L)
Tourist boat to Sun and Moon Islands on Lake Titicaca. An authentic tour meeting local fishermen and enjoying a traditional lunch.
Day 10: Puno (B)
Transfer to Puno on the Peruvian side of the border.
Departure Point :Sucre Airport
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required for the Group Options
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.