10-Day Nature and Wildlife Tour in Sri Lanka
- Experience best white water rafting in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy one of the most adventurous trekking path in Sri Lanka which is known as Knuckles Mountain range
- experiences enormous nature with wonderful photogenic opportunities
- Safari in Udawalawa, which is one of the world's best places to see wild elephants
- Witness the monkeys crashing through the trees and cunning leopards sliding like shadows through the undergrowth in Yala
10 days, 9 nights
- 9 nights’ accommodation as per the itinerary.
- Pick up and drop off from Colombo, Negombo, Mount Lavinia and all south-west beach hotels.
- Transportation by an Airconditioned vehicle
- Entrance fee to Galoya National Park, Udawalawe National Park, Yala National Park, Bundala National
- Cost of jeep hires, nature trekking and hiking
- White water rafting in Kithulgala
- All meals, mineral water bottles and refreshments during safaris
- Service of an English-Speaking chauffeur guide
- All Government Taxes
- Day 1 : Colombo - KitulgalaYou will be warmly greeted by your personal chauffeur guide at the Bandaranaike International Colombo Airport or any other selected city and transferred to Kithulgala (Approx. 3 hours’ drive). On arrival in Kithulgala, you will check in to Borderlands Campsite. Enjoy dinner and spend one of the river edge tents.Meals :DinnerDay 2 : Kitulgala - KitulgalaAfter breakfast, start Whitewater Rafting tour with our guide. After a safety briefing and a few pointers on rafting technique, we’ll jump right into the action. The river hosts rapids between grades 2 and 3, with the rafting stretch approximately 6.5 kilometers in length, and taking between 45 minutes to 1.5 hours to complete, depending on water levels. Enjoy Lunch at Borderlands Campsite and spend couple of hours at leisure before starting your hiking experience. Hike through the local forests surrounding Kithulgala, passing friendly, smiling villagers. Climb for stunning views of the Kelani River valley, the verdant jungle, and the rocky crag faces of the higher Hill Country. Enjoy dinner and spend one of the river edge tents.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 3 : Kitulgala - Knuckles Mountain Range06:00: Leave your Hotel and proceed to Hunnasgiriya where you will meet your nature guide and start a memorable ride to Meemure village. 09:00: You will start your nature expedition to Meemure village with your guide. During this tour you will experience some water activities with fun and explore the authenticity of the Meemrure Village and the traditions of the village peopleupied by the tea estate workers during the colonial era. You will experience a traditional Sri Lankan lunch at a village house. Arrive at the campsite for Evening tea. After tea you will relax and enjoy the pleasure of the surrounding environment. Sit closer to the bon fire and enjoy the BBQ dinner. After the dinner you will spend the night at a standard tent in the campsite.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 4 : Knuckles Mountain Range - Gal OyaAfter Breakfast, you will be driven to Gal Oya National Park. You will arrive at Gal Oya Lodge for lunch and check in to one of the wooden eco bungalows in the lodge After lunch, you will proceed with your first adventure Safari in the Gal Oya National Park by Jeep. The Park is rich in flora and fauna which is a sanctuary to 32 species of terrestrial mammals. Our more intrepid guests can couple the drive with a safari on foot. Hike through the park with our expert naturalists and see wildlife up close while exploring hidden corners of the par. Have your dinner at the main restaurant of the lodge and spend the overnight.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 5 : Gal Oya - Udawalawa06:00: Leave with your guide to do an exciting safari in the National park by boat. Enjoy the only experience in Sri Lanka that allows you to spot wildlife from the water. It’s a unique way to immerse yourself in the animals’ habitats. With a little luck you could spot elephants swimming between islands or bathing at the lake’s edge. Arrive back to your lodge and drive to Udawalawe. You will enjoy your lunch at a local restaurant. On arrival to Udawalawe, you will check in to Grand Udawalawe Safari Lodge. Dinner and Overnight stay at Grand Udawalawe Safari Lodge.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 6 : Udawalawa - UdawalawaDo an early morning safari at Udawalawe National Park. This National Park was created to provide a sanctuary for wild animals displaced by the construction of the Udawalawe Reservoir. It lies on the boundary of Sri Lanka's wet and dry zones. Udawalawe is famous for Sri Lankan Elephants, which are relatively hard to see in its open habitats. Spend rest of the day at leisure. Lunch, Dinner and Overnight stay at Grand Udawalawe Safari Lodge.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 7 : Udawalawa- YalaAfter Breakfast, you will be driven to Yala. Check in to Leopard Nest Campsite for Lunch. In the afternoon, you will be taken to Bundala National Park. Bundala harbors 197 species of birds, the highlight being the greater Flamingo, which migrate in Large Flocks. Every species of water bird found in the country can be sighted here. Migrants and vagrants make the journey from as far as Siberia; over 10,000 shorebirds might be feeding at any one time between October and March. Enjoy BBQ Dinner in the Campsite and spend the overnight.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 8 : Yala - Yala05:30: Get an early start and experience a full day game drive at Yala National Park with picnic lunch. Yala is home to 44 varieties of mammal and 215 bird species. Among its more famous residents are the world’s biggest concentration of leopards. Enjoy Dinner and overnight stay at Leopard Nest Campsite.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 9 : Yala - BentotaAfter leisurely breakfast, you will be taken to Bentota for the overnight. En route, you will enjoy your lunch at a local restaurant. Dinner and Overnight stay at Citrus Waskaduwa.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 10 : Bentota - ColomboAfter breakfast, you will be driven to Airport for your flight back home.Meals :Breakfast
You will be picked up from centrally located hotels in Colombo or Negombo.