Sorry, this activity is no longer available.
11 Days Botswana's Great Safari Experience
2 nights Moremi Game Reserve
3 nights Khwai Consession
3 nights Savute
2 nights Chobe National Park
1 night Kasane
What's included :
- All accommodation(bow tents with mattresses)
- All transfers and activities as per the itinerary
- All meals that are indicated ( B-Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) and tea/coffee
- Services of professional Guide and Camp Assistants
- All Botswana Park fees for activities included on itinerary
- Transport in specialized Safari vehicles
- Mokoro ride in Khwai
- Bottled water
- Dinner - Buffet dinner
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Insurance to cover for cancellation and curtailment
- Medical, baggage and emergency evacuation
- Sleeping bags (and small pillow) on all camping sectors
- Any increase in National Park fees
- DAY 12 MOREMI GAME RESERVE
Your safari guide will be there to welcome you on arrival at Maun Airport. Spend the first two nights camping in the Xakanaxa / 3rd Bridge region, to explore the surrounding wilderness on game drives during the day. The Moremi Game Reserve forms part of the unique ecosystem called the Okavango Delta and Moremi covers up to one third of the Okavango.
DAY 3-5 KHWAI CONSESSION
Following an early breakfast we pack camp and continue our journey to Khwai, stopping for a picnic lunch en-route. The Khwai River forms a boundary between the reserve and the community area. We spend the next three nights camping at a campsite in the community area, exploring the Khwai floodplains on game drives both during the day and at night. Here, you will also enjoy a 2 ½ hour Mokoro Trip exploring the water ways of Khwai which is the most eastern reach of the Okavango river system. Exploring after dark with spotlights offers you a unique opportunity to experience some of the nocturnal animals that are rarely encountered during the day.
DAY 6-8 SAVUTE
We head further north en-route to Chobe National Park, where we spend the following three nights camping in a wilderness campsite in the Savute region, exploring the desert-like landscape of game drives. Never has there been a better time to visit Savute! Savute has for the last 30 years been an extremely dry area and lately its claim to fame has been the lion and elephant interaction as they come for the few drops of water that remain in the waterholes. These dynamics have changed with the arrival of the water …who knows what will happen.
DAY 9-10 CHOBE NATIONAL PARK
Leaving this parched Savute landscape, we continue our journey north to the contrasting Chobe region of the park. We spend the last two nights camping in a wilderness campsite near the Chobe River, exploring the riverbanks and surrounding flood plains on game drives. On Day 10 you will also enjoy an afternoon boat cruise on the Chobe River which departs from Kasane. The Chobe National Park is one of Africa’s finest game sanctuaries. Situated in the far north of Botswana, Chobe encompasses a wide variety of diverse habitats offering extreme contrasts and is home to a breath-taking variety of animals and birds. The Chobe River Front is famous for its abundance of elephants – the highest concentration of elephants to be found anywhere in the world. Chobe is also famous for its huge herds of Buffalo, for its rich birdlife and for its exquisite sunsets – a wildlife experience not to be missed.
DAY 11 KASANE- TOUR ENDS
Following breakfast and a short game drive your safari will end in Kasane around 10:00am.Additional accommodation can be arranged for an extra cost. You'll be dropped off at the airport (or hotel).
Departure Point :Maun town at the agreed meeting point, at the hotel or airport
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.