14 days Lower Mustang
Lower Mustang is a part of Annapurna Conservation Area Project, that has the largest protected biodiversity area in Nepal. The trek offers the opportunity to explore the Tibetan culture as Mustang is considered for its long historical and cultural relationship with Tibet.
Lower Mustang Trek with Nepal Guide Treks starts with a six hours drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara, then two hours drive further to Nayapul from where the trekking starts. The route heads towards Ghandruk (1950m) - a Gurung community-based village popular for its cultural and traditional significance. Walking through dense rhododendron filled forests the trail reaches Ghorepani (2874m). An early morning hike from Ghorepani to Poon Hill (3210m) is a must for breathtaking scenic views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna massif. The trail then goes through Tatopani, Ghasa towards the apple garden of Marpha(2670m).
per adult from
What's included :
- Airport pick up & drops by private car
- Drive to Pokhara by Tourist Bus
- Flight back from Pokhara to jomsom
- Drive back to Kathmandu by Tourist Bus
- Breakfast ,Lunch ,Dinner during the trek
- Teahouse/Lodge Accommodation during the trek
- 3 Star Category Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara on on Bed & breakfast plan
- English Speaking Guide
- Necessary Porter 1: 2 (one porter for two Guest)
- All Government local Taxes
- Annapurna National park Fees
- TIMS)Trekkers information Management System
- Guide and porter salary Guide porter insurance during the trekking.
- Tour certificate
- Farewell dinner with typical Nepali culture
What's excluded :
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu/ Pokhara
- Trekking equipment any type of personal expenses such as Alcoholic Beverage drinks,phone and Laundry.
- Emergency Rescue and Travel Insurance.Trip Cancellation cost accident or Health, Loss Theft or Damage and personal effects.
- All Fees and Taxes
- The Hindu dominance of Nepali culture fades as you cross the Himalayas, and Lower Mustang is rich in Tibetan Buddhist culture. In Kagbeni there is an old monastery, from which you’ll probably hear loud horns being blown early in the morning. Prayer flags flutter along bridges, and large prayer wheels are spun in the narrow lanes of the town. The local people dress in a more Tibetan-influenced style, with women wearing distinctive colourful striped aprons and their hair in long braids. This is a culturally fascinating part of the country that proves how diverse Nepal
• Opportunity for exploring the cultural village of Gurung people at Ghandruk.
• Poon Hill (3210m) - the best view of Dhaulagiri and the entire Annapurna massif.
• Trek along Kali Gandaki Valley - the worlds' deepest gorge, Marpha - the apple garden & Muktinath - the holy temple.
• Hot spring at Tatopani.
• Scenic flight from Jomsom-Pokhara
Arrival at Kathmandu 1,400m. Welcome by Himalayan Sanctuary Adventure member and transfer you to Hotel .
Sightseeing in Patan Durbar Square,Boudha nath Stupa , Pasupatinath Temple and Swaymbhunath overnight at Hotel on Bed & Breakfast plan.
Drive to Pokhara 200km 6 hours overnight at Hotel with Bed & Breakfast plan.
Drive to Nayapul 40km then trek to Tikhedunga 1,480m 6/7 hours overnight at Lodge.
Day 05Trek to Gorepani 2,860m 6/7 hours overnight at Lodge.
Day 06Early morning trek visit to (Poon Hill view point 3,193m) 1 hour see the incredible view of Annapurna , Machhapuchhere ,Dhaulagiri , Manaslu Mountains range with Sunrise Than trek Down to Tatopani ( Hot spring) 1190m including full day 8/9 hours overnight at Lodge.
Trek to Ghasa 2,010m 6/7 hours overnight at Lodge.
Trek to Marpha 2,670m 6/7 hours overnight at Lodge.
Trek to Kagbeni 2,800m 6 hours overnight at Lodge.
Trek to Muktinath 3,760m 4 hours visit Hindu and Buddhist famous Temple overnight at Lodge
Trek to Jomsom 2,120m 5 hours overnight at Lodge.
Morning Domestic Flight to Pokhara 25 minute afternoon free day or Sightseeing tour in Pokhara overnight at Hotel with Bed & Breakfast plan.
Drive to Kathmandu evening together farewell dinner with Typical Nepali Culture.
Departure from Kathmandu to your onward destination.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
one of the representative from Himalayan Sanctuary Adventure will be waiting you outside the international terminal gate holding your name and take us to our hotel.Ports
- Tribhuvan International airport ,Kathmandu ,Nepal
Departure Time :6:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Day 01 : Kathmandu Arrival (1,400m.)
- One of the representative from Himalayan Sanctuary Adventure will be waiting you outside the interminal gate holding your name and transfer you to Hotel
- Day 02 : Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing
- in the Morning after breakfast you will be taken for Day tour of Kathmandu city,Proceed on to Pasupatinath Temple ,Boudhanath Stupa ,Patan Darbar Square and Swyambhunath Stupa . Swayambhunath is a Buddhist Stupa said to be more than 2000 years old, is perched on a hillock 77 meters above the valley floor and offering a bird’s eye view of the Kathmandu City. Afternoon, tour of Patan, also known as Lalitpur or the “city of beauty” is the oldest city in the valley. A great center both of the Newari Buddhist religion and of traditional arts , crafts with 136 bahals or courtyards and 55 major temples.
- Day 03 : Kathmandu – Pokhara (900m) 6-7hrs
- After early morning breakfast drive by tourist bus takes us to the amazingly beautiful city of Pokhara 200 km west of Kathmandu. The drive is very scenic and stretching road along side the famous rafting river of Trishuli and later on Marsyangdi. The passing through some beautiful small Nepali towns will give you some glimpses of countryside of Nepal
- Day 04 : Pokhara – Jomsom 2700 m – Kagbeni 2800 m(5 hrs)
- Take a short but scenic flight in the morning to a stunning town of Jomsom. A twenty minutes’ flight with a very close up view of Annapurna range takes you to the mountain town of Jomsom.
- Day 05 : Kagbeni – Muktinath 3800 m (6 hrs)
- Wake up early to a beautiful morning, take breakfast and start the walk of the day to Muktinath. Muktinath is a very important holy pilgrimage site for the Hindus and even for non Hindus the place has a special spiritual charm.
- Day 06 : Muktinath – Jomsom – Marpha 1450 m. (5hrs)
- Wake up to another fresh and beautiful morning, feel refreshed with each inhale of the mountain air. Drive to Jomsom after breakfast and trek to Marpha. Experience and enjoy the mountain driving in Nepal for about one and half hours and trek gentle down hill for about two hours to Marpha, today’s stopover
- Day 07 : Marpha – Tatopani.
- Take another day experience of mountain driving in Nepal. Drive to Tatopani (Hot Water) after breakfast. Once you reach Tatopani, you can enjoy a bath natural hot spring pool and wash the tiredness away.
- Day 08 : Tatopani – Ghorepani 2860.(9 hrs)
- It’s a long day today. It will take you about eight hours to reach a magnificently beautiful town of ghorepani. Once you reach there, enjoy the close up view of the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna mountain range. Stay in a tea house.
- Day 09 : Ghorepani – Poon hill 3210 m – Pokhara 900 m (7 hrs)
- Early morning wake up to hike to a stunning view point of Poon hill for a breathtaking panoramic view of the mountains and an incredible sunrise. Walk back to the tea house and enjoy the breakfast. Map the trail down hill again to reach Nayapul from where you drive to Pokhara. It is a very long day considering the time you wake up at and the trek itself is long too, although it’s all down hill and gentle trail.
- Day 10 : Pokhara – Kathmandu
- Drive back to Kathmandu today after breakfast. It takes about 7 hours to reach Kathmandu. You can choose to fly back with an extra cost (In that case, let us know in at least 3 days in advance). Later in the evening, we go for farewell Nepali dinner with cultural show in Kathmandu and can have discussion about the trip experience.
- Day 11 : Departure Day.
- Today is the last day of the trip, one of our office representative will transfer you to the International Airport.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.