1hr Buggy Adventure & Whale Watching from Reykjavik
Save time and experience with these two activities in one day in only 8-hour total time from Reykjavik.
You will be picked up by the Buggy operator and driven to their brand new headquarters with free hot coffee available. These headquarters is the most advanced in it's field and newly renewed fleet.
You will begin the day by being briefed by them and they will teach you on how to operate the Buggy and safety instructions. Then you will drive through Icelandic Nature and ascend to Reykjavik Peak and enjoy the view over the capital of Iceland.
Afterwards you will be dropped off the Whale Watching. You should have some time to get some light lunch downtown as their HQ is downtown. After the tour the Whale watching team will drop you off at your hotel.
This tour is combined with both the most experienced ATV operator & Whale Watching in Iceland.
Buggy Group Maximum : 20 Persons
Whale Watch Boat Group Maximum : 200 Persons
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1 full hour out on the buggy trails Sightseeing over Reykjavík with stunning views Hafrafell Mountain, Hafravatn Lake Whale Watching Afternoon with Elding Whale Company Gear: overalls, helmets, balaclavas, glovesPickup & return transfer from your Reykjavík Hotel or bus stop, (please check if your hotel is listed to a Bus stop)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- PART 1 – BUGGY ADVENTURING BEYOND REYKJAVIK
It’s no more than 15 minutes from your Reykjavik accommodation to our base camp. That’s why we love this city! Having picked you up*, we’ll take you to the camp for gear, instructions and safety training. No experience is necessary and our expert guides will make sure you know everything you need for a safe and fun buggy adventure. *We recommend customers to be two in a buggy since you sit side by side. More fun!
OFF-ROAD BUGGY FUN IN ICELAND
We will drive off-road on a variety of terrains as we head for Úlfarsfell mountain. The ride to the top is a chance to experience the true thrills of buggy riding. And when you get there, you’ll be rewarded by a fantastic view across the whole city, the ocean, and the surrounding mountains.
LUNCH IN REYKJAVIK HARBOR
The old harbour is one of the coziest parts of town. There’s a nice selection of little restaurants and cafes, and we’re happy to make recommendations. While you refuel, you can look out across the bay and imagine the magnificent creatures that swim below the surface.
PART 2 – WHALE WATCHING BEYOND REYKJAVIK H ARBOR
The boat is waiting as you head off in search of magnificent Mink whales and the other rich marine life of Faxaflói bay. A 3-hour guided sea tour provides a fascinating insight into the life of the sea, and great views back to Reykjavik. Whales are a lot harder to predict than buggy vehicles, so sightings are never guaranteed!
Tracks are dependent on weather and trail conditions.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up from all hotels in Reykjavik City. You will need to send us your accommodation details in Reykjavik City. If your hotel is at a no-pick up zone. You will need to be assigned to a bus stop. You need to be ready at 09:00. The pickup is between 09:00-09:30.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Pricing is based on 2 people riding in one buggy car
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- Children ages 8 and up are only permitted to ride as passengers on the ATV quad bike
- A full valid driver’s licence is required to drive the ATV quad bike
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We at Safari are taking the risk and therefore taken measurements to prevent further spread of COVID-19 very serious. The health of our customers and employees is our utmost priority. Therefore, we have adjusted our procedures to meet the requirements given by the Directorate of Health.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.