2-Day Berber Villages Trek from Marrakech
You will spend 2 days discovering the high Atlas Mountains. A trek amidst cool vegetation of juniper and pine trees is a perfect way to rejuvenate your mind and body. Go across deep gorges, gushing river streams and groves of cherry and walnut trees, as your guide takes you on a great walk up and down the beautiful hills.
The valleys are home to tiny hamlets and villages of the ethnic Berbers, a herding and farming community. Visit their homes and interact with them to know more about their traditions and customs. See their terraced fields of corn and barley and get a glimpse of their day to day living.
per adult from
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Overnight accommodation
- Afternoon tea
- Local guide
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Soft drinks
- Mineral water
- sleeping bags
- Day 1: Marrakech - Imi oughlad 1400m - Tizi n'Tacht Pass 2100m - Tizi oussem village 1850m. You will be picked up from your hotel in the early morning. Drive to Imi oughlad which is the starting point of our 2 days trek around Berber villages. Once you get to this point, you will be met by our team which is composed of a local guide, and mule drivers, and a cook. After loading luggage on mules, you will set off trekking uphill towards Tizi n'Tacht pass from where you will have amazing views over the two valleys of Imlil valley & Azzaden valley. After a short break on the pass, you will carrying walking downhill to the rough road that will lead you to a nice place where you will have a fresh lunch prepared by our cook. After a relax, you will continue walking to the place where you will overnight in Tizi oussem village. 5h walk. Overnight at a Berber lodge.
Day 2: Tizi Oussem village 1850m - Tizi Mzik Pass 2489m - Imlil valley 1740m. After an early breakfast, you will leave this nice village, then walk uphill yo Tizi Mzik Pass that will give you nice views over the two valleys again. walk downhill to Imlil valley where you will have lunch before pick up and drive back to Marrakech. 5h walk. 1h30 drive to Marrakech.
Departure Point :Jamaa El Fna, Marrakesh 40000, Morocco
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from near Cafe France in Jamaa el fna square
Departure Time :9am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.