2-Day Hiking in Talgar Gorge, Inclusive of Camping Accommodation
2-day hiking in Talgar Gorge, very popular for its picturesque landscapes, an abundance of blooming fields and dense coniferous forest. Walking part will start from Medeu high-mountain skating rink and will end at the highest point of Shymbulak ski resort with altitude 3163 meters above sea level.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Sleeping place in a tent
- Entry/Admission - Left Talgar Gorge
- Entry/Admission - Shymbulak
What's excluded :
- Hiking and camping equipment rental
- Gratuities (optional)
Day 1: Almaty - Left Talgar Gorge (12 km hiking)
Stop At: Medeu Skating Rink and Ski resort, Gornaya St., 465 Medeu Valley, Almaty 050020 Kazakhstan
Transfer from Almaty to Medeu mountain skating by comfortable car. Preparation for the route, getting instructions from the guide. Start of the route from Medeu rink in the direction of Kimasar gorge. In the place which local climbers call “flag”, you will make first stop for snacks and photo. There is also a real mountain swing tied up with tree branches, which lets you soar straight into the sky.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Left Talgar Gorge, Kazakhstan
Further you will continue hiking along the ridge to the glade of Enthusiasts at the foothills of Furmanov Peak. After trail will traverse the slope, which belongs to Butakovskiy Gorge. Getting Butakovskiy pass which has altitude 2900 meters above sea level. Admire gorgeous views, take a break.
Then you expect a long and sometimes very steep descent to Talgar Gorge. On the way you will stop near the spring to get some water. After about two hours, having passed a part of the forest, you will find yourself in a wide flowering meadow with pink buds of Ivan-tea, famous for its healing properties. You will go further and in about 20 minutes reach KazPI glade, where there are a lot of glades suitable for camping. Choose one of them and arrange the campsite. Setting a camp, gathering woods, making fire, swimming in the river.
Duration: 12 hours
• Dinner: Around the campfire
Accommodation included: Overnight in a tent
Day 2: Left Talgar Gorge - Almaty (7 km hiking)
Stop At: Shymbulak, Kerey and Zhanibek Khans St 558/1, Almaty 050020, Kazakhstan
Early wake up and breakfast. Packing tents and all the stuff. At 10:00 start of the route. Hiking up the gorge, crossing the river by wooden bridge. You will continue hiking through the forest and get to a small glade with wonderful view of the river and upper reaches of the gorge. Climbing steeply up the right side of the slope. Reaching Small Talgar Pass with altitude of 2800 meters above sea level. Short rest for snacks and hiking towards the cable car and the Big Talgar Pass, which will be well seen from this point. You will enjoy the fascinating views of four-thousand meters summits and glaciers on the way: Culturists, Chkalov, Abay, Til and Ayak glaciers. Then you will overcome the last part of the route and reach Talgar Pass. Descent to Shymbulak Ski Resort by cable car. Transfer to Medeo skating rink and return to Almaty.
Duration: 30 minutes
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels in central Almaty. Please advise your hotel details at time of booking.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Recommended clothing and equipment: shorts, pants or leggings and t-shirt or light shirt with long sleeve, a cap or a panama hat for sun and heat protection, sunglasses and sunscreen, shoes without high heels (tourist trekking boots or similar, with a good sole and high lacing), warm clothes for spending night in the mountains in a tent, warm socks, warm hat or beanie, gloves, personal AID kit, trekking poles, head torch
- Required equipment (available for rent): sleeping bag and tourist mat, personal dishes (fork, spoon, cup, plate), water container or camelback, thermos with hot tea, snacks
- Children and youth must be accompanied by an adult (18+)
- Not recommended for participants with hypertension complaints
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.