2-Day Mt Rinjani Volcano Trekking Tour from Lombok
Trek to the summit of Mt Rinjani on this 2 day small group, guided hike from Senaru village. Mt Rinjani is the second highest volcano in Indonesia and is still active. You will have amazing views of glistening sunrises and sunsets, you may even see the Milky Way on a clear evening.
You will trek up to the Sembalun Crater Rim on day 1 and then up to the summit on day 2 before your descent back down to the bottom.
This trek is for experienced trekkers or for people with excellent fitness levels who are able to hike up and down for an average of 8.5 hours per day.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up/drop off or airport transfers
- 2 nights accommodation: 1 night in Senaru village before the trek, 1 night camping during the trek
- Welcome drink upon arrival
- Visit the Sendang Gile waterfall on arrival day
- All meals, snacks and drinks throughout the trek
- All camping equipment including: tent, sleeping bag, mattress, toilet tent
- Guide and porter
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks at the hotel on the first night
- Gratuities for guide and porter (recommended)
- Upon arrival you will be picked up from Lombok Airport or your local Lombok accommodation, you will then be transferred to your hotel for your first night’s accommodation in Senaru or Sembalun. You will then be given a briefing for your 2 day trek by your professional guide.
Day 1: Sembalun (1100m) – Sembalun Crater Rim (2639m)
Wake up at 7:00am and have breakfast before registering at the Rinjani information center. Your trek starts from Sembalun village at 8:00am. Beginning with a gentle ascent through open grassland. After around 2 hours of walking you will reach position one (1300m), after another 40 mins you will be at position two (1500m). You will continue walking to position three (1800m) and have lunch here.
After lunch and a rest, you will head to Sembalun crater rim (2639m). It takes 3 hours including a prolonged steep climb. Camp at the Crater Rim for the night and enjoy the amazing views of the sunset, sunrise and maybe even the Milky Way.
Day 2: Sembalun Crater Rim (2639m) – Summit 3.726 m – Sembalun village.
You will be woken up around 2:00am with hot drinks and a light breakfast before you start climbing to the Rinjani Summit at 3:00am. Beginning with a moderate climb, followed by a fairly easy but longer walk. The final approach to the summit involves a steep climb over loose volcanic scree before reaching the summit at 6.00am to enjoy excellent panorama views of Lombok Island, Bali, Sumbawa Island and Segara Anak Lake.
You will descend into the Sembalun crater rim in approximately 2 hours and have breakfast there before continuing down to the Sembalun Village which will take around 5 hours to reach. Upon arrival at the Senaru Village you will be transported to the airport or your accommodation.
Departure Point :Sembalun Village or Senaru Village
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum age is 12 years
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.