2-Hour Small-Group Walking Tour of Hobart
You’ll love this extensive, 2-hour small-group walking tour of Hobart with a friendly, knowledgeable guide. Explore historic Hunter Street, Hobart waterfront, beautiful Salamanca Place, and other significant city locations. As you walk, learn the history of this contemporary city and its colonial roots and see the best Georgian and Victorian architecture. Hear wonderful stories about the hard working convicts, explorers, entrepreneurs, villains and heroes of this convict-built city and fall in love with the picturesque city of Hobart. The maximum group size for this tour is 8.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional local guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet your guide outside the Henry Jones Art Hotel and then set off on your 2-hour walking tour to explore streets, buildings, people and history of Hobart. Elegant heritage listed buildings are in abundance on your tour route, and as you walk, your guide will point the details of the beautiful, well-preserved Georgian and Victorian architecture.
You’ll enjoy the stories of the colonial beginnings of city, detailing the troubles and successes the British settlers experienced, as well as stories of the Indigenous people of the area and their responses to British invasion. Continue your walk through time and into town working your way up to the seat of power housing church, court and prison. Stroll through a city center park and be delighted – and amazed – at the statues and the stories behind them.
Then head down to another lovely park with a dark secret that many of the locals still don’t know about. Finally arrive at Salamanca Place – world famous for its Saturday markets, the oldest markets in Australia. Your guide will be happy to direct you to some favorite cafes for a reviving coffee after the tour.
Departure Point :25 Hunter St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Return Detail :Salamanca Place, Salamanca Pl, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- This is a 2-hour walking tour along city pavements
- There are places to sit or perch along the route
- Wheelchair accessible along city pavements - if assistance is required, guest must provide their own carer
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.