2 Hours Portimão Walking Tour
Discovery the history of modern Portimão, born during the reign of D. Afonso V (1463) with the granting of privileges to a town that would eventually receive the name of Vila Nova de Portimão and be surrounded by walls. Apart of the period of expansion during the Discoveries, Portimão grew with international trade, energized by navigation on the African coast.
However, the earthquake of 1755 brought great destruction to the city, followed by a reduction of economic activity that would only regain new vigor at the end of the century with the development of trade and export of nuts, milling, fishing and fish preserving.
Portimão was promoted to city status in 1924 by the then President of the Republic, the Portimonian writer Manuel Teixeira Gomes.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Casa Manuel Teixeira Gomes
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Casa Manuel Teixeira Gomes, Rua Judice Biker 1, Portimao 8500-701 Portugal
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Clube Naval De Portimão, 8500-702 Portimão, Portugal
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual (i.e. jeans, sportswear, joggers or sneakers)
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.