2.5-Hour Berlin City Tour of Famous Attractions by Minibus
Take a 2.5-hour trip back in time to the past of East Germany. Together with your German speaking guide, GDR Oldtimer - the legendary minibus Barkas, and space for up to 7 passengers. The tour starts and ends at Alexanderplatz (connection to subway, bus, and tram) right in front of the main entrance of the hotel Park Inn. One of the highlights of the tour is a walk across the historic border cemetery, called Invalidenfriedhof. You will receive a cold welcome drink of beer, piccolo, sparkling apple juice, and mineral water. At the end of the tour you will have a snack at the famous currywurst snack bar "Ziervogel's" in the cultural district of Prenzlauer Berg. Listen to the top "DDR-Hits" and classic Oldies along the way.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Cold welcome drink: beer, piccolo, sparkling apple juice & mineral water
- German speaking guide
- Transportation by minibus
What's excluded :
- Additional drinks (available for purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- More than two decades after the end of the German Democratic Republic (GDR) you can still find a lot of historical sights. You are invited on a trip back in time to the past of East Germany, together with an GDR oldtimer - the legendary minibus Barkas called "Erich". You will see the mysterious places of memory, starting with the historical Berlin, including Alexanderplatz and the Nikolai Quarter. Further stops of your trip are Unter den Linden, the Brandenburg Gate, the government quarter, and the last GDR border watch tower at the Berlin wall. One of the highlights of this tour is a walk across the historic border cemetery, called Invalidenfriedhof. You are able to see the graves of great personalities such as Manfred von Richthofen "The Red Baron”, Gerhard von Scharnhorst (Prussian military reformer), or graves of former Nazi personalities like Rudolf Schmundt (former Chief Adjutant of Hitler) or Ernst Udet (Jetpilot). Furthermore you will walk along the last remains of the original Berlin wall. Subsequently, you will visit the famous Bernauer Street with an original border strip, escape tunnel and border tower.
Take this interesting and exciting city tour across Berlin for about 2.5-hours with a free welcome drink. It is entirely narrated by a German-speaking guide and both starts and ends at Alexanderplatz.
Departure Point :Meet in front of the main entrance of hotel Park Inn by Radisson Berlin Alexanderplatz
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Duration may vary, depending on traffic
- This tour operates in German only
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 7 people per booking
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.