3-Day 4WD Small-Group Litchfield and Kakadu Camping Adventure
Experience the rugged beauty of the Australian outback on a three-day 4WD camping safari to Litchfield and Kakadu national parks. Your outback safari takes you on a private cruise through the Yellow Water Billabong, to Kakadu’s peerless indigenous rock art at Ubirr, and to Florence, Wangi, Twin and Jim Jim falls for tranquil swims in some of Australia’s most beautiful waterfall plunge pools. Enjoy personalized attention on this small-group tour, limited to a maximum 16 passengers.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned 4WD
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 2 nights accommodation
- National Park Fees are included for tours departing from 01 April 2019
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Twin Falls boat shuttle fee is an additional AUD$12.50 payable on day of departure (seasonal)
- National Park fees for tours departing until 31 March 2019
- Day 1: Darwin - Litchfield National Park - Kakadu (L, D)
Starting from your Darwin accommodation at approx. 7am you will journey to Litchfield National Park. Explore the waterfalls, spring-fed streams and rugged sandstone escarpments of Litchfield National Park. Discover intriguing cathedral and magnetic termite mounds and swim, hike and explore Florence and Wangi Falls and enjoy a picnic lunch. Continue along Marrakai Road before joining the Old Jim Jim Road deep into Kakadu National Park. Traveling past billabongs and traversing water crossings bringing ample opportunity for wildlife spotting. Arrive at camp with comfortable permanent tents at Cooinda and spend the night enjoying dinner and some stargazing.
Overnight: camping accommodation at Cooinda
Day 2: Kakadu - Yellow Water Cruise, Nourlangie and Ubirr Art sites - Kakadu (B, L, D)
A highlight at Kakadu National Park, the award winning Yellow Waters cruise is Aboriginal owned and showcases the spectacular billabong system home to some remarkable and diverse wildlife. Spotting crocodiles is one of the many wildlife viewing opportunities on this unique water system. Departing camp, travel to nearby Nourlangie Rock where you can see how local Aboriginal people lived in this area through changing times. After lunch visit the Bowali Visitor Centre. See the audio-visual presentations and Marrawuddi Gallery showcasing Aboriginal art by artists from within Kakadu and the wider region. later in the afternoon arrive at a significant Aboriginal art site of Ubirr, located within the East Alligator region of the park. Here you will view a wide range of ancient Aboriginal art which will be interpreted by your guide. Learn the story of the Rainbow Serpent and climb the Nadab Lookout for panoramic views over the floodplain and beyond. It’s time to find a quiet spot to watch the sunset over the Kakadu escarpment before making heading to our private and permanent campsite for the night.
Overnight: camping accommodation in Kakadu
Day 3: Kakadu National Park – Darwin (B, L)
Today the jewels of Kakadu National Park await. Departing early, travel to Twin and Jim Jim Falls. Explore Twin Falls Gorge which is accessed by 4-wheel drive track, a boat shuttle service and a rocky walking track and boardwalk. Once there relax on the sandy banks and admire the falls. There’s more 4-wheel driving as we make our way to Jim Jim Falls where a walk through monsoon forest and over boulders takes us to the waterfall and plunge pool which are surrounded by 150-metre cliffs. Spend the afternoon taking in the sheer beauty of your spectacular surrounds before heading back to Darwin and your accommodation.
Please note: Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, Operational logistics and accessibility. Waterfalls may be closed by park authorities due to water levels.
Departure Point :Darwin hotels
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:30pm (November - April) and 7:30pm (May - October).
Airport drop-offs are not available after the tour. An additional night in Darwin is recommended.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please note: there are no single tents. Single travelers will be paired up with a traveler of the same sex in a shared tent.
- Please bring a torch, wide brimmed hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, water bottle, walking shoes/boots, sleeping bag (if you prefer to use your own), toiletries, swim wear, camera, comfortable and casual clothing for 3 days
- Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to one day pack and one soft overnight bag/backpack. Maximum of 22lbs (10kg)
- Permanent tent option provides: Linen, pillow, towel, pillow case, sheet and sleeping bag
- Maximum 16 passengers
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 30 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 14 and 29 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 8 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 75 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.