3 Day Adventure - Hike and Wine Pilates
We love hiking and we love wine. Hermanus has many exciting hiking trails and exquisite vineyards. Imagine Yosemite's mountains, Malibu's beaches and Napa Valley's wines and you have the perfect mix to create a hiking and wine adventure. Let us take you on a 3 day hiking and wine adventure along our rugged coastline, through the Cape floral kingdom and into the aptly named Hemel en Aarde (Heaven and Earth) Valley. We have chosen some of our favourite hikes and will introduce you to our winemaking friends. September - November is Southern Right whale season and hiking along the Cliff Path walk is the perfect way to spot them. The rest of the year Brydes whales, dolphins, seals and sometimes orcas can be spotted. We will also take you to walk amongst a colony of African penguins. All finished off each day with pilates by the pool, a great way to stretch after a days hiking, and a delicious meal.
per adult from
What's included :
- Breakfast - Includes 2 breakfasts
- Lunch - includes 2 picnic lunches
- Dinner - Includes 2 dinners; a traditional braai and bobotie. Wine and soft drinks are included.
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Begin your hiking adventure along breathtaking Clarence Dr, see a colony of South African penguins in their natural habitat, picnic in Harold Porter Botanical Gardens, after a hike to Leopard's Kloof. Then on to Hermanus for a pilates lesson and a traditional South African meal. The second day is our hiking day.The hike starts in Fernkloof Nature Reserve, part of the Cape Floral Kingdom. We will hike to Rotary Way, taking in the spectacular views as we ascend. After brunch at The Lookout Point we continue hiking to Hamilton Russell vineyard's tasting room on the lake. Enjoy their famed chardonnay, and others, before our final hike to The Wijnskool where Suné will prepare a delicious platter accompanied by Bartho's exceptional wines. Have a pilates lesson or relax by the pool before enjoying a potjie, traditional stew, cooked over a fire in a 3 legged pot. The final day, start with a pilates lesson before hiking along 6km of the cliff path that hugs our rugged coast. Peruse our farmer's market where you will be entertained as you shop for a variety of foods and gifts. Then it's back to the house to make ready for the return trip to Cape Town.
• Harold Porter National Botanical Gardens, Clarence Drive, Betty's Bay South Africa
• Stony Point Penguin Colony, Betty's Bay South Africa
• Fernkloof Nature Reserve, Hermanus, Overstrand South Africa
• Hermanus Country Market, Jose Burman Drive Hermanus Cricket Club, Hermanus, Overstrand 7200 South Africa
• Hamilton Russell Vineyards, R320 Hemel-En-Aarde Valley, Hermanus, Overstrand 7200 South Africa
• Bartho Eksteen Wijnskool, R320 Hemel-en-aarde Valley, Hermanus, Overstrand 7200 South Africa
• Hermanus Cliff Path, Westcliff Rd, Hermanus, Overstrand 7200 South Africa
• Lentil Bobotie
• Potjie - meat or vegetarian depending on the group
Departure Point :Waterfront 1, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.