3-Day Desert Tour to Fez: Ouarzazate and Berber Village from Marrakech
Leave Morocco’s souks and medinas behind and step off the beaten track on this 3-day tour from Marrakech to Fez. Travel through the city of Ouarzazate to the UNESCO-listed Aït Benhaddou kasbah; watch local workers blending scented perfumes at a rose-growing plantation at Kelaa Mgouna; take the 'Road of 1,000 Kasbahs' through the Dadès Valley to Tinghir; and discover desert oases and meet Berber villagers along the banks of the Todgha River. You'll also trek into the Sahara Desert on camelback and enjoy dinner under the stars.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Camel trek in Erg Chebbi
- Overnight accommodation in a Sahara desert camp and at a4-star hotel in Tinghir
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, D=dinner)
What's excluded :
- lunch and drinks, unless specified
- Additional local guides
Day 1: Marrakech – Skoura – Tinghir (D)
Stop At: Todgha Gorge, R 703 near the town of Tinerhir, Tinerhir 45520 Morocco
Following a morning pickup from your accommodation in Marrakech, meet your guide and take the Tizi-n-Tichka pass through the Atlas mountain range, where local Berber farmers work the land as they have for centuries.
Head through Ouarzazate — also known as ‘The Gate of The Sahara’ — and onward for lunch (own expense) at the UNESCO-listed Aït Benhaddou kasbah. Follow your guide on a tour of the kasbah and hear of the many famous films and photo shoots that have taken place there. Travel onward past the palm trees and olive groves of the Skoura oasis to Kasbah Amridil and gain insight into its construction and history from your guide.
Continue on through the Valley of Roses to Kelaa Mgouna, a local rose plantation. Visit one of the rose-growing cooperatives and watch as workers blend their ingredients to make rose-scented perfumes, then head on to your guest house in Boumalne du Dadès for dinner and your overnight accommodation.
Overnight: 3-star hotel in Tinghir.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Marrakech, Marrakech, Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region
The start step will be from Marrakech as always, and we will pick you up from the hotel, or a place so near to your riad if it's not accessible by our minibusses.
Duration: 30 minutes
Accommodation included: Bougafer Hotel in Tinghir
Day 2: Tinghir – Erg Chebbi (B,D)
Stop At: Merzouga Desert, Merzouga Morocco
Depart Boumalne du Dadès after breakfast and take the famous Road of 1,000 Kasbahs through the Dadès Valley. Visit one of the valley’s traditional kasbahs and listen as your guide details the role it has played in the region’s history.
Head into the foothills of the High Atlas to the oasis of Tinghir and enjoy a 1-hour walk along the Todgha River, where olive groves and palm trees flourish by the riverbanks. Visit Berber villages with your guide to meet one or two of the locals, then head into the mighty Todgha Gorge for lunch (own expense).
Travel through the oasis towns of Erfoud and Merzouga, then meet your camel train in Erg Chebbi for the onward journey by camelback into the Sahara Desert. Enjoy beautiful views of the Saharan sunset, then arrive at your desert camp for a traditional Moroccan dinner under the stars while local nomads play traditional folk songs.
Overnight: Erg Chebbi desert camp
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tinerhir, Tinerhir, Souss-Massa-Draa Region
spent 1st night in Tinghir
Duration: 8 hours
Accommodation included: Auberge sahara
Day 3: Day 3: Erg Chebbi – Midelt – Fez (B)
Stop At: Fes el-Bali, Fes 30110 Morocco
Say goodbye to the rest of the group driving back to Marrakech and meet your new driver to Fes. After you’ve installed in your new van ( max of 6 passengers ), depart on a long drive to Fes crossing the Ziz Vlley through Errachidia which is the capital of Tafilalt region, and we continue to Midelt where we will have lunch at leisure before we keep driving across the Middle Atlas Mountians with its Cedar Forests and Berber towns of Imouzzar and Ifran. We arrive at Fes late in the afternoon.
Your shared Marrakech to Fes desert tour will end with a drop off at your Fes riad or hotel of your choice.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Midelt, Midelt, Meknes-Tafilalet Region
A wonderful space to discover in your road back.
Duration: 20 minutes
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up will be from your hotel or riad in Marrakech or nearest point accesible by car to your Hotel/Riad .Airports
- Menara Airport, Marrakech Morocco
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for children under 2 years old
- Good walking shoes, sunscreen and sunglasses are recommended
- Drinking water is not provided by can be purchased along the way
- Accommodation at the desert camp will be in a private tent with shared bathroom facilities
- 4-star hotel accommodation is in single, double or twin rooms with private bathroom facilities
- Bedding is provided in the desert camp so there is no need to bring a sleeping bag
- Long trousers are recommended for the camel ride because the saddles can cause skin irritation
- A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended. It can be cold at night and in the winter so please bring appropriate clothing
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.