3 Days Chisapani Nagarkot Trek
.Chisapani and Nagarkot hike starts with a short drive to Sundarijal from Kathmandu (the capital of Nepal). The real trek starts from Sundarijal by entering into the Shivapuri National park, (Shivapuri-Nagarjun is youngest national park in Nepal). You reach Chisapani after about 6 - 7 hours trek from Sundarijal through forest.
After staying an overnight at Chisapani, you then trek to Nagarkot in next day. The Nagarkot is one of the most popular viewpoints to view the sunrise and sunset over the Himalayas as it is located at the altitude of 2211 meter above the sea level, if weather is good, you see great views of Himalayas including Annapurna, Langtang, Dorje Lakpa, Gauri Shanker, Ganesh Himal and some more.
After Nagarkot, you hike down to Chagunarayan temple, an UNESCO heritage site that takes about 4 hours. You visit Chagunarayan temple and Bhaktapur Darbar Square then drive back to Kathmandu to end the trek.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Transportation from kathmandu to Trekking starting point and from Ending point to Kathmnadu
- All meals while you are on hiking
- National Park permit
- All meals/accommodation for guide
- Sightseeing in Bhaktapur Darbar Squre on the way Back
- English Speaking Trekking Guide and Porter (1 for 2 trekkers to carry a luggage)
What's excluded :
- Meals whilst in Kathmandu
- Entrance for Sightseeing
- Nepal travel insurance
- Nepal entry visa fee (You may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu)
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, tips
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
Day 01: Drive to Sundarijal and Trek to Chisapani (2115m), 4-5 hours walk.
Nearly Two hours drive from Kathmandu to the Sundarijal where the trek begins. Start to walk to the up hill about 5-6 hours to reach the Chisapani.
Overnight at lodge. Lunch and Dinner
Day 02: Chisapani – Nagarkot (2195m), 6-7 hours walk
After breakfast we follow unsealed road for 2-3 hours through the forest, we hear birds chirping sound and feel nature, then descend down to Jhule and Chauki Bhanjyang. There, we stop for lunch. Then continue our trek to Nagarkot passing through villages and terraced fields. We can see village life style. The trail ascends up from Kattike Bhanjyang to Nagarkot from where we could see the most of the Himalayan range which we could see from Nepal (Annapurna, Langtang and Everest) with sunrise view and sunset view.
Overnight at Hotel. Breakfast,.Lunch and .Dinner
Day 03: Nagarkot – Changunarayan - Bhaktapur Durbar Square- Kathmandu
From Nagarkot we will walk down hill until Telkot then we will ascend small hill to reach the Chagunarayan Tample, our trip's last point. We will take a car back to Kathmandu and Drop you at your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any specified hotel within Kathmandu Valley
Departure Time :7:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Day 01: Kathmandu - Sundarijal - Chisapani
- After having breakfast at hotel in Kathmandu, We drive to Sundarijal which takes about an hour and start our hike, the trail gradually up with pine and oak forest, the Shivapuripuri National park is a good spot for bird watching and some other wild animal can be seen during the hiking, from Chisapani, we will see panoramic view of Himalayas and the valley and this is the resident of Sherpa ethnic group.
- Day 02: Chisapani - Nagarkot
- After having breakfast at lodge, we start our hike to Nagarkot and it is about 6 hour hike, we will stop at Chauki Bhanjyang for lunch which takes about 3 hours and continue the charming trails for another 3 hours toward Nagarkot, and we will view the Himalaya range, stretching from Dhaulagiri in the west all the way past Everest to Kanchenjunga in the east, emerges from the darkness to greet the happy visitor with its awe inspiring majesty and beauty and we will have great sunset view from Nagarkot.
- Day 03: Nagarkot - Chagunarayan - Kathmandu
- We will have sun rise view early in the morning, the Nagarkot lies top of the hill so, it is a good place to see Himalayan panorama through a Himalayan river valley, after breakfast, we hike for couple of hour to Chagunarayan temple which is the very old and artistic temple of Nepal and listed in the UNESCO world heritage sites, then after visiting the temple we will visit Bhaktapur Darbar Square and drive back to Kathmandu where our trip complete.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.