3.5-Hours Glacier Walking Experience in Breiðamerkurjökull
Explore the highlights of Iceland’s glaciers. Let your guide lead you
through breathtaking glacial landscapes. Equipped with crampons, a
helmet, harness and an Ice axe you will explore the Breidamerkurjokull glacier with the team at Ice Explorers.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- crampon, helmet, ice axe, safety harness
What's excluded :
Before stepping foot on the glacier you will meet your guide at Jökulsarlon the Glacier lagoon where your guide will teach you a few things you will need to know while walking on the glacier. We will take you with one of the biggest Superjeeps in Iceland close to the glacier, it’s about a half-an-hour drive, from where the adventure starts.
Once we hit the ice you will not only be amazed by the beauty but also mesmerised by the sound as the ice beneath your feet crunches. During
this tour, you have the possibility to even see crevasses, moulins and the world-famous glacier wall on Jokulsarlon.
Maybe if you are lucky, you can even see the glacier calve. The walk during the whole tour can be between 6-10 km.
Departure Point :Jökulsárlón, Iceland
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.