3.5 Hours Walking Tour to Cataract Gorge with Local Guide
Discover the amazing geological history of the Cataract Gorge
Learn some amazing facts from local guides that know the Gorge inside out
Using visual aids, see how the city has transformed using archival photos
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Visual aids to take you back to a bygone era
- Local Guide
- Free equipment rental
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Cataract Gorge Reserve, Launceston, Tasmania Australia
Meet your guide and start crossing the historic Kings Bridge and heading into the heart of the Cataract Gorge. During the 2.5-hour walking component of the tour, discover one of Tasmania's most visited tourist attractions on foot.
From your expert guide, find out how the Gorge was the original lifeblood of Launceston for much of the city’s early life and how today, it holds the very same importance.
Learn about the most-loved picnic rocks through the years and how thousands would flock for swimming races. Then, wander back to your starting point at Stillwater Restaurant via the iconic Zig Zag Track. Upgrade your tour to include an award-winning 2-course lunch at one of the best restaurants in Launceston by picking the relevant option when booking.
Departure Point :Ritchies Mill Arts Centre, 2 Bridge Rd, Launceston TAS 7250, Australia
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.