4-Day Desert Tour from Fes to Marrakech
Make the most of the spectacular trip from Fez to Marrakech on a 4-day’s 3-night’s , private tour that explores dunes, Berber culture, towering gorges, and historic fortified kasbahs, including Ait Benhaddou, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. With the personalized service of a private guide, you’ll experience Morocco at your own pace, traveling in a rugged 4x4 vehicle. This tour includes some meals, as well as accommodations in a Dades Valley kasbah and a beautiful desert camp, where you’ll wake for sunrise amid the Saharan sand dunes
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- • Camel trekking
- • 2 nights accommodations with dinner and breakfast
- • 1 Night Bivouac Camp in the desert with dinner and breakfast and water
- • Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Day 1: Fes - Midelt - Erfoud - Merzouga - Erg Chebbi
At 8:00 am, we start our four-day desert tour from Fez to Marrakech via the Sahara. We leave for Midelt through the mountains and the cedar forests of the Middle Atlas. We pass by Ifrane, a charming ski resort, and Azrou, an important handicraft centre specialized in the work of cedar wood. We arrive to Midelt for lunch. In the afternoon we will drive to Erfoud and into the desert. Dinner and overnight will be in a hotel at the foothills of Erg Chebbi Sahara dunes.
Day 2: Merzouga - Erg Chebbi Dunes -tour around .
After breakfast, we head to Khamlia village to enjoy live Gnawa music, continue through an off-track road to have a tour around the sand dunes, and then we stop for a cup of tea with nomads living in Berber tents. You will discover a new sense of life from there and enjoy Berber pizza for lunch. You will get back to the hotel to relax before starting your camel trip into the dunes to watch sunset. After that, you will go to the camp to spend the night in a nomadic tent.
Day 3: Merzouga - Todra Gorges - Ouarzazate.
You will wake up early to watch the spectacular sunrise at a place where the color of the sand dunes and the play of shadows make an awesome sight. Then, you will have breakfast and a shower at the hotel/riad. We will continue to Ouarzazate via Rissani and stop in Erfoud, a city famous for its fossilized marbles, where you will visit a workshop that produces marble fossils. Afterwards, we continue to the Todra Gorges, an ideal place for walking and exploring on your own. After lunch, we drive through the town of Roses, named Kelaa Mgouna. We continue through the Road of a Thousand-Kasbahs, passing the Skoura palm grove until we arrive to Ouarzazate, the "Hollywood of Morocco" and check into the hotel/riad.
Day 4: Ouarzazate - Ait Ben Haddou - Marrakech
We head to Aït Benhaddou, a 'fortified kasbah', situated along the former caravan route between the Sahara and Marrakech. It is built on a hill along the Ouarzazate River and boasts some beautiful examples of kasbahs, some of which remain inhabited. Granted UNESCO World Heritage listing, the site had been the setting for many films including Lawrence of Arabia, Gladiator and Game of Thrones. After stopping for lunch we continue to Marrakech over the High Atlas Mountains.
Departure Point :Fes, Morocco
•Your Hotel or Riad •Departure 08:00 AM
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Marrakesh, Morocco
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.