4 Day Northern Lights Adventure - Volcanoes - Glaciers - Ice-walk - Super Jeeps & Hiking
Join this amazing 4-day winter tour and witness the beautiful Icelandic nature and the magical northern ligths. Those looking to experience awe-inspiring landscapes along with fun and exciting activities should not miss this 4-day adventure.
Some of the highlights
• South Coast sights
• Thorsmork Super jeeps
• Midgard Base Camp
• Small groups and a lot of fun
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation at bunk-beds dormitory for 3 nights
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- All activities
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Thorsmork super jeep tour
- Surprise day
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Breakfast on Day 1 and Dinner on Day 4
- Upgrade to private room (available upon request)
- All tours and activities, accommodation, meals, transport and all transfers are included in the price. An expert local guide will make sure you get the best possible experience. We will take care of you from the very beginning with an airport pick-up until we drop you off on the last day.
Your accommodation: We have created the ideal base for your adventure travel in Iceland. You will accommodate at Midgard Base Camp. It is filled with local people and good vibes. Comfortable beds, delicious food, locally brewed beer, fuzzball table and not to mention the rooftop sauna and hot tub. For more information check out Midgard Base Camp’s website.
DAY 1- Welcome to Iceland
• Arrive at Keflavík International Airport (KEF) before 11:00AM, we also do a pickup in Reykjavik.
• On our way to the south we will explore the Reykjavík peninsula which some people think looks like the moon! – you will have to judge for yourself.
• Accommodation and dinner at Midgard Base Camp
• If there is a clear sky and the Northern Lights forecast is promising we will head out searching for the Lights. This applies for all the nights if the prognosis is good.
DAY 2 - South Coast and glacier adventure
• Today we will explore the beautiful south coast. Possible stops include: Skógafoss waterfall, Seljalandsfoss waterfall (you can walk behind it!), black sand beach, Vík, Reynisfjara and Dyrhólaey.
• Visit the Sólheimajökull outlet glacier to witness the ongoing changes on the glaciers. To give you an even better introduction of the glacier world we fasten our crampons and take on a short hike on the glacier.
DAY 3 - Þórsmörk super jeep adventure/Hidden highlands
• After a nice breakfast at Midgard Base Camp we tie our shoelace and head on to Þórsmörk, the valley of the Thunder God Thor. Þórsmörk was made in eruptions underneath the glaciers that makes its wonderful landscape.
• On our way inside the valley we will explore the surroundings of the volcano Eyjafjallajökull, the one that erupted in 2010. We stop by the outlet glacier Gígjökull where the eruption first presented itself.
• When in Þórsmörk we take on hikes depending on the group’s energy and will.
DAY 4 - Surprise day / Departure
• On this day there are a few possibilities. We will most likely take you on a hike to Reykjadalur, the geothermal area and for a warm bath, The weather will decide on this.
• At the end of the day we take you to Keflavík International Airport (KEF) or Reykjavík. If you are flying home on this day your flight should depart 7:00PM or later.
• Our team will be happy to assist you with extended stay.
Departure Point :From either Keflavik airport or from Reykjavik, depending on your time arrival.
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- WEAR Comfortable clothing, hiking shoes and warm clothes according to this area’s weather forecast and activities in our day to day description. Upon booking you will receive a detailed packing list.
- GROUP SIZE Min 4, max. 16 people.
- FOR WHOM? Fits individuals, group of friends, couples and families with grown up kids.
- TRANSPORTATION Mini-bus and super jeeps.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.