4 Days Gishwati Forest, lake Kivu, Gisenyi hot spring water and Rutsiro tea
-Part of Africa’s Great Rift Valley, Lake Kivu in the west of Rwanda is surrounded by magnificent mountains and has deep emerald green waters covering a surface area of 2,700 km2. It is Rwanda’s largest lake and the sixth largest in Africa.
From Rubavu in the north, the Congo Nile Trail extends 227 kilometres of breathtaking landscapes all the way to Rusizi in the south of Lake Kivu. The trail gently curves back and forth as it weaves through hills and mountains beside the lake.
For adventurous travellers, an exciting way to explore Rwanda is a kayaking tour on Lake Kivu, or mountain biking or hiking one of the 6 off-the-beaten path stages of the spectacular Congo Nile Trail.
The national park is a home to a variety of wild animals, which include primates, East African chimpanzees, golden monkeys, black and white colubuses, southern tree hyrax serval cats, black front duiker and mammals plus birds all available for the visitors.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Water
- Private transportation 4*4 car , Driver, Fuel, French or english speaking guide
- Site permits and Entrance fees
- Boat trip, hot spring water
- Air port or hotel pick up and drop off
What's excluded :
- Air ticket
- Medical insurance and medical bills
- Beer and tips
Rwanda’s fourth national park, Gishwati Mukura is made up of two separate forests
The forests sit on the ridge which divides the Congo and Nile water catchment areas, along the incredibly biodiverse Albertine Rift in the west of the country. It is made up of 60 species of tree,
Gishwati is home to a group of 20 chimpanzees which live alongside golden monkeys, L’Hoest’s and Blue Monkeys as well 232 species of Birds are well represented too.
-In lake kivu you will go on a boat trip
-You will also be enjoying the beautiful view of the lake shores on the beach and possibly see congo in the back ground
-In Gishwati you will do the Chimps trekking, Golden monkeys , bird watching and hiking
-Gisenyi hot spring water
Gisenyi hot spring with several small vents is located along the eastern shore of Lake Kivu. This hot spring is brecciated and silicified quartzite within waters temperatures between 70 and 75°C.
-In Rutsiro tea plantation you will see Kibuye and the beautiful tea plantation in the hills of congo nile.You will also be able to see the lak from the top of congo nile with its yellowish and picturesque view of the sunset in Rutsiro mountains.
• Gisenyi, Gisenyi, Western Province
• Les Chutes de Ndaba, RN7 26 km east of the Kibuye roundabout, Kibuye Rwanda
• Kibuye, Kibuye, Western Province
• Kigali, Kigali, Kigali Province
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We also do pick-ups from any hotel or starting point in Kigali Airports
- Kigali Intl. Airport, Kigali Rwanda
Departure Time :11/4/2019 - 9/26/2021
Monday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM Friday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM Saturday: 08:30 AM - 05:00 PM Sunday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- • All visitors are expected to test negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours prior to arrival. Tourists will take a second COVID-19 test on arrival and prior to visiting any tourist attraction. • We do arrange your testing appointment. • A $ 100 COVID testing fee is paid by international visitors
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.