5-Hour Shifen Old Street Walk and Pingxi Sky Lantern Tour from Taipei
Enjoy a peaceful moment! Write your best messages on the lantern and send your wishes to God for yourself and beloved ones.
Only an hour away from the city center, Pingxi is a small old town rich with scenery and culture. The most well-known about this town is “Pingxi Sky Lantern Festival”, which draws hundreds of thousands of people every year.
In this tour you will learn about the history of Pingxi and have an opportunity to launch a Sky Lantern on the railway track.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional tour guide
- Admission fee and entrance ticket included in the itinerary
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (Taipei City downtown only)
- Entry/Admission - Shifen Station
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shifen Station, No. 51, Shifen St, Pingxi, New Taipei 226 Taiwan
Meet your tour guide and driver in the morning, then take a scenic ride to the suburban area and start a nostalgic tour of Taipei.
Pingxi is one of the small towns that were once prosperous due to the coal mining industry in the 1960s. The last coal mine closed in 1997, many of the residents moved out, and these towns became silent and desolated. Even though the golden age may be long gone, Pingxi becomes well-known for being the film location of some movies and TV commercials.
Sky Lantern launch in Taiwan originates from Shifen in Pingxi District. Nowadays, the lanterns are used as symbols of peace and good fortune, the world-renowned Pingxi Sky Lantern Festival is a big yearly event that draws hundreds of thousands of people every year. Today you have an opportunity experience this on the train track: write a message, light the lantern and watch it fly to the sky.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Shifen Old Street, Pingxi, New Taipei Taiwan
There are lots of shops that sell Sky Lanterns, souvenirs and traditional snacks along the train track, you may enjoy a little shopping before we head for the next stop.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Shifen Waterfall, No.10 Gankeng Road, Nanshan Village, Pingxi, New Taipei 226 Taiwan
Also known as Taiwan’s "Niagra Falls", Shifen Waterfall is the biggest cascading fall in Taiwan. It is also a popular scenic attraction and easily accessible by foot from Shifen Train Station. If the weather is good, it creates a rainbow as it splashes into the lake.
Your tour ends with return transport to your Taipei hotel in the noon.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from hotels in Taipei City Center. If the hotel lobby is located on an upper level, please meet the tour guide on the ground level of the hotel building. Exact pick-up time will be provided by local operator upon confirmation.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 15 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Times and sequences are subject to change according to the weather and traffic condition.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with knee problems
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Free masks are only available for those guests who do not have their own.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.