5 Hours Tour To Memphis And Dahshour
If you got some free hours in Cairo, we offer you a short tour to some important and untrodden places such as DAHSHOUR and MEMPHIS. This type of tour focuses on sites usually not included in classical tours .Enjoy visiting Memphis, the first and oldest capital of Ancient united Egypt, then visit the site of Dahshour where the first true pyramids were built: the Red pyramid and the Bent pyramid.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Memphis and Sakkara
- Entry/Admission - Pyramids of Dahshour
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Memphis and Sakkara, Cairo 11655 Egypt
On time scheduled, your Egyptologist guide will pick you up from your hotel to start your tour with Memphis or Men-Nfr which means the beautiful place. 3100 BC, The pharaoh Narmer united Upper and Lower Egypt and built this city as the capital of the kingdom. Once it was the most prosperous city in the whole kingdom until the capital was moved to other cities. Memphis has a lot of monuments which reflect its glory such as the 2nd largest Sphinx known as the Alabaster Sphinx, the giant colossus of Ramses II, and many other statues, columns bases,false doors that date back to different dynasties.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Pyramids of Dahshour, Giza Egypt
he next stop will be at Dahshour, 45 minutes’ drive away from Giza. This site contains three of the important pyramids in Egypt. Two of them were built for the pharaoh Snefru,founder of the 4th dynasty. Your Egyptologist guide will explain the history of both and why the Bent pyramid has this strange form. He is ready for answering all your questions. You will have the chance to go inside the Red pyramid (included) and explore the interior of this first true and complete form of the pyramid. The third pyramid belongs to queen Htp- Hres, mother of King Cheops, the owner of the Great pyramid.
After having comprehensive idea about the development of the Egyptian history in the old kingdom and the royal tomb structure, you will drive back to the hotel
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Tour departs from centrally located Cairo and Giza hotelsReturn Point: Tour returns to original point of departure
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.