6-Day Authentic Experiences in Sri Lanka
- Visit local school where your guide will show you around and introduce you to some of the teachers
- Discover the true meaning of “Eco” and experience it right through the Anamaduwa
- Village trekking experience in Digana and Anamaduwa
6 days, 5 nights
- 5 nights’ accommodation as per the itinerary.
- Pick up and drop off from Colombo, Negombo, Mount Lavinia and airport.
- Transportation by an Airconditioned vehicle
- Cost of jeep hires, nature trekking, village trekking and hiking
- Cost of School visit and stationeries
- Service of an English-Speaking chauffeur guide
- All Government Taxes
- Day 1 : Colombo - DiganaYou will be picked up from Colombo, Negombo and Mount Lavinia or Airport and driven to Digana in Kandy (approx. 4 hours drive) Spend overnight in Polwaththa Eco Lodge. Your stay in on Half Board basisMeals :DinnerDay 2 : Digana - DiganaAfter breakfast, you will start a village walk and waterfall swim. This is the most popular trek especially among children with the waterfall-swim as the highlight. The walk begins from our Lodge and is through quaint villages with their Kandyan Forest Gardens where the villagers go about their daily chores at their own easy pace. You will be invited to visit their houses and see, for example, how they make treacle and jaggery (syrup and sugar blocks made from the sap/nectar of a palm tree). You will be given a "Botany lesson" by our Guide of the various trees you will see on the way, such as cloves, pepper, nutmeg, coffee, cocoa, jack, bread-fruit, arecanut, mangosteen, mango, passion-fruit, rambuttan, banana, papaya etc. You will also see rice-fields, and time permitting, a glimpse of our nearby reforestation program – life in harmony with nature and a breath-taking view of the lake surrounded by majestic mountains. Spend overnight in Polwaththa Eco Lodge. Your stay in on Full Board basisMeals :Breakfast, DinnerDay 3 : Digana - DiganaAfter breakfast you will enjoy another memorable day with your local guide. Within a few hours you experience a great deal of village life. You take a 2-km path to the local school which most village children take. Distribute pens, exercise books etc. to the school children and participate with the children and their teacher in a short lesson followed by personal interaction with the children. A 20-minute ride in the local bus (which is not crowded) will take you close to the jungle-path leading to the water-fall hidden in the jungle - you will feel like Tarzan & Jane! If you are a competent swimmer, swimming in the natural pool will be loads of fun (water temp. approx. 20 C). If you wish to have your lunch at the water-fall, please inform your guide before leaving the Lodge. Return by tuk-tuk or by safari jeep. Spend overnight in Polwaththa Eco Lodge. Your stay in on Full Board basisMeals :Breakfast, DinnerDay 4 : Digana - AnamaduwaAfter breakfast, you will be driven to Anamaduwa. On arrival, you will check in to the Mudhouse. All locally guided excursions and activities for the duration of the stay are provided free of charge. These may change depending on the season or other local factors but a range will always be offered, including: picnic trips, temple visits, bird watching walks, nature trails, lake kayaking, local historical sights and cooking lessons. Spend overnight in the Mudhouse. Your stay in on Full Board basisMeals :Breakfast, DinnerDay 5 : Anamaduwa - AnamaduwaAfter breakfast, you will be able to enjoy one of the activities as per your choice. It will be another interesting day for you with some unique experiences. Spend overnight in the Mudhouse. Your stay in on Full Board basisMeals :Breakfast, DinnerDay 6 : Anamaduwa - ColomboAfter breakfast, you will be driven to airport for your flight back home or dropped off in Colombo, Mount Lavinia and Negombo.Meals :Breakfast
You will be picked up from centrally located hotels in Colombo, Negombo or Mount Lavinia.