6-Day Central Highlands UNESCO World heritage adventure tour
- Visit Adams Peak which has been a focus for pilgrimage for more than 1000 years
- Trekking to Horton Plains with spectacular view of Worlds’ End
- Visit Tea factory and tea plantation along with Sri Lankan tea which is very famous around the world
- Enjoy one of the most adventurous trekking path in Sri Lanka which is known as Knuckles Mountain range
- Visit beautiful rural village of Meemure in the mountains
6 days, 5 nights
- 4 nights’ accommodation in 3 Star hotels on HB basis
- 1 Night accommodation at a Standard Mobile Campsite on FB+ Basis
- Pickup and drop-off at the airport or local hotels
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide for the entire tour
- Trekking charges at Adam's Peak, Horton Plains and Knucles mountain range
- Tea Plucking experience in Nuwara Eliya.
- Meemure Village tour with Evening Tea.
- Mineral water, refreshments, first aids and assistance during trekking tours
- All current taxes
- Day 1 : Colombo - HattonYou will be picked up from your hotel in Colombo, Mount Lavinia or Negombo and driven to Adam’s Peak for an overnight trekking. On arrival, you will check in to one of the hotels in Dalhousie (Nallathanniya). Enjoy your dinner at the restaurant and proceed with your guide to start the overnight trekking. 21:00: On arrival to Trail Head Your Nature Guide will give you a brief description of the route and start the hike. The ascent is done on foot through the forested mountainside on the steps built into it. Packed Dinner will be taken meanwhile. The greater part of the track leading from the base to the summit consists of thousands of steps built in cement or rough stones yet called “Mahagiridambe” meaning the great boulder or rock. After about another 01km, you are at the summit.Meals :DinnerDay 2 : Hatton - Nuwara Eliya03:00: Reach to the top & resting time with refreshments. 05:30: Viewing the moment of sunrise from top of Adams peak. 06:00: Climbing down the Adam’s peak and reach your hotel around 09:30 for the breakfast. After breakfast, spend couple of hours at leisure. 12:00: Check out from the hotel and driven to Nuwara Eliya for the overnight stay. Spend overnight at a 3 Star Hotel on HB basisMeals :Breakfast, DinnerDay 3 : Nuwara Eliya - Nuwara EliyaMake a pre-dawn start with a packed breakfast to Horton Plains National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and take a guided walk along the nature trails to a viewpoint known as World’s End. A variety of wildlife including endemic Rhino-horned and Hump-nosed Lizards, highland bird species including the Sri Lanka White-eye, Dull-blue Flycatcher, Sri Lanka Bush Warbler, Yellow-eared Bulbul may be encountered. Also, keep your eye out for troops of Bear Monkey, and Sambar (Sri Lanka’s largest species of deer) which are regularly seen on the plains close to the entrance. In the afternoon you will enjoy a Tea Plantation and Tea Plucking experience. Barely 3.5 kilometres from Nuwara Eliya town, Pedro's Tea Factory lies nestled in the hills. You can take a half-hour guided tour of the factory, originally built in 1885 and still packed with 19th-century engineering. Step in to the Tea Plantation with a guide and start plucking tea with estate tea pluckers. This will give you an opportunity to experience the tea workers life and share their knowledge of tea plucking & and tea production. Spend overnight at a 3 Star Hotel on HB basisMeals :Breakfast, DinnerDay 4 : Nuwara Eliya - Kandy06:00: You will be driven to Knuckles Mountain Range for another overnight trekking with Camping. 09:00: Arrive at Hunnasgiriya where your first part of the adventure begins at 1000 m above sea level. You will explore the hill country attractions including some old tea estates and remaining of the villages that were occupied by the tea estate workers during the colonial era. The Forest Range supports a rich biological diversity with 128 species of birds, 20 species of amphibians, 53 species of reptiles, 15 freshwater species and 31 mammal species. All species are not equally distributed throughout the range. Their distribution depends on multiple factors such as food availability, availability of nesting sites etc. This vary with climate, elevation and land cover. 12:00: Arrive at the campsite for Lunch. 14:00: You will start your hike to Meemure Village. During this tour you will experience some water activities with fun and explore the authenticity of the Meemrure Village and the traditions of the village people. You will enjoy Evening tea at the village. 18:00: Arrive at the campsite. You can relax and enjoy the pleasure of the surrounding environment. 19:30: Sit closer to the bon fire and enjoy the BBQ dinner. After the dinner you will spend the night at a standard tent in the campsite.Meals :Lunch, DinnerDay 5 : Kandy - Kandy08:30: After breakfast, you will do river base trekking to seven waterfalls with 3 water activities. 12:00: Return to the campsite for Lunch. 15:00: Check out from the campsite and start your trekking back to Hunnasgiriya where you will meet your driver. 17:30: You will be driven to Kandy for the overnight stay Spend overnight at a 3 Star Hotel on HB basisMeals :Breakfast, DinnerDay 6 : Kandy - ColomboYou will be driven to Airport or dropped off in Colombo, Mount Lavinia or NegomboMeals :Breakfast
You will be picked up from centrally located hotels in Colombo, Negombo or Mount Lavinia.