6 Days Chimpanzee and Canopy Walk and Gorilla Trekking
Drive to Nyungwe forest. On the way visit Nyanza King&rsquos Palace, The National Museum of Butare and Nyanza was the headquarters of the ancient Rwanda Kingdom before the arrival of the Europeans. The compound has the modern palace constructed by King Mutara in 1934. It is tastefully decorated with the traditional mats and utensils. The Nyungwe national park is a home of various primate including chimpanzees, black and white Columbus, mangabey, and unique plant species including orchids. It is also home for endangered bird species making it a suitable destination for bird lovers Water falls and a canopy walk way, various hike trails.
per adult from
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Airport transfer on Day 1 and Day 6
- Transportation Charges
- Gorilla Tracking Permit (USD 1500pp)
- Chimpanzee Tracking Permit
- Canopy Walk.
- Professional Guide / Driver.
- English speaking driver or guide
- All activities as per the itinerary.
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Personnel items ( souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fee)
- International or Domestic Flights
- Additional accommodation before or after the tour
- Day 1: Pick Up and transfer to Akagera National Park
To day you will be picked up with our driver guide, and drive to akagera National Park about 2hrs and half when you reach you will have lunch then short game drive in park, after that you will drive back to your hotel for overnight and dinner.
Accommodation: Akagera Game lodge.
Day 2: Full Game Drive and transfer to Kigali
This morning we shall have another day of adventure within the park, enjoying the beautiful sceneries of Park where we will be searching some animals we did not see in first day of tour like Giraffes, Buffalos and Elephants, lions,rhinos, water bucks, leopards, bush bucks, imparas, and many others as well as a profusion of birds. If fortunate, we may be able to sight at the Shoebill Stork, especially around the shores of the lake. From here you will drive back to Kigali for overnight and dinner
Accommodation: Hil Top Hotel
Day 3: Kigali - Nyungwe Forest National Park
Early Morning Pick up from or your hotel in Kigali and transfer you to Nyungwe forest. On the way visit Nyanza King&rsquos Palace, the National Museum of Butare and Nyanza which was the headquarters of the ancient Rwanda Kingdom before the arrival of the Europeans. &bull Accommodation: Budget Lodge -Peace guest house
Day 4: Chimpanzee trekking and Canopy walk
After an early breakfast, we leave for chimpanzee tracking in Nyungwe forest. The forest is rich in botanical diversity and home to 13 species of primates including Chimpanzees, L&rsquoHoest monkeys, and Columbus monkeys. You will receive briefing from your ranger guide and thereafter start your trek.later you will driver back to your hotel for overnight and dinner
Accommodation: Gisakura Guest House
Day 5: Nyungwe &ndash Volcano National Park
After breakfast at the Hotel you spend your day at Kivu Beach if you are a birdwatcher this is a great place for this activity, they are located in one Island called Napoleon inside lake Kivu then take your boat back to you hotel spend time relaxing at Kivu Lake then after Lunch you will have a short Kibuye & gisenyi city Tour, later you will drive to Musanze for overnight and dinner
Accommodation: Fatima Hotel
Day6 : Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes National Park
Breakfast is served early morning followed by a drive to Kinigi park headquarters for group, guide allocation and briefing. This is followed by a drive to the trailheads where hiking and trekking up the hills to the bamboo zone begins. Hiking, trekking and tracking gorillas may take 2 - 4 hours. Sight and stay with the Gorillas for one hour. Descend to your hotel for lunch. After drive back to Kigali to your hotel or getting flight.
Departure Point :At Airport or your designated location
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.