6 Days Kilimanjaro Climbing Via Marangu Route -With- Burigi Chato Safaris Co LTD
The Marangu route is also referred to as the "Coca-Cola" route, as it is considered to be the easiest path on the mountain, given its gradual slope and direct path. It is the oldest and the most well established route on the Kilimanjaro. This is the only route which offers sleeping huts in dormitory style.
Guests are supplied with mattresses and pillows, but sleeping bags are still required. The huts have communal dining halls, basic washrooms and toilets The short time frame of the route makes altitude acclimatization fairly difficult. The route approaches Mount Kilimanjaro from the southeast. Marangu is unfortunately less scenic than the other routes because the ascent and descent are along the same path. It is also the most crowded route for that reason. BURIGI CHATO SAFARIS offers Marangu Route climbing for five and six days climb.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Guide ,Cook, Porters
What's excluded :
- Flights, Tipping the crew ,Visas, Hotel & Mountain personal gears
Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut
You will be picked up from the hotel and a drive to Marangu gate. Once registrations finished you will start ascending 4-5 hours through thick rainforest to Mandara Hut for Dinner and overnight.
Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut
Today you gain roughly 1,000m altitude; the walk can take five to seven hours depending on your pace. Tonight for Dinner and overstay at Horombo Huts.
A day here provides an opportunity for you to acclimatize step by step to the altitude. The walk takes 4-5 hours a round trip and will go till to an altitude of 4,600Mts then you will return back to Horombo Hut for Dinner and Overnight.
Horombo Hut to Kibo Hut
The trail up to Kibo will take between five and seven hours. Skirting Mawenzi . Here you will start getting fantastic views of the upper ranges of the mountain before arriving at Kibo Hut (4,705m). Tonight you prepare for tomorrow’s final assault – THE SUMMIT
kibo hut to summit then descent to Kibo Hut then to Horombo Hut for a well-deserved rest. Overnight stay at Horombo Hut
Back to Mosh
Mandara Hut through the rainforest to Marangu Gate, then Arusha/Moshi
• Mount Kilimanjaro, Kilimanjaro National Park 40000 Tanzania
Departure Point :Dar Express Bus Stand, Boma Rd, Tanzania
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
- Arusha Airport, Arusha, Tanzania
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.