6 Days Marangu Route
This is the oldest route compare to other routes. Marangu gate is the Park headquarters. The route is well maintained with a nicer trail. This is the only huts route. Sleep in huts with big Mattresses, big dining houses, and great toilets. Many people think this is a more popular route, but not. As every Climber thinks this is a more popular route due to advertisement, now is empty. Few Climbers use this trail as many Climbers use camping route. Start the hike at the Marangu gate and finish at the same gate.
per adult from
What's included :
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and food utensils
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Park fees and VAT
- Rescue fees
- Porters, Chef & Guides
- Roundtrip park gates transfer
- 2 nights at hotel in town bed and breakfast (Upon Arrival & Departure)
What's excluded :
- Local and international flights
- Other meals at hotel in Moshi
- Personal gears like sleeping bag and clothes
- Personal interests/needs
After check-in start walking to Mandara hut. See monkeys and beautiful birds like Turaco or forest birds. After lunch continue walking to Mandara hut. Dinner and overnight at Mandara hut 2,720m.
Walk to Horombo hut. Get a perfect view of Kibo and Mawenzi peaks. The trail is gradual and gets a great view of forests and villages. Dinner and overnight at horombo hut 3,720m.
See a great view of the mountain from the viewpoint of Zebra rock. Dinner and overnight at horombo hut 3,720m.
Walk to Kibo hut. The day is a bit chill walking on alpine desert through the saddle area. Dinner and overnight at Kibo hut 4,720m.
Walking slowly up to Gilman's point 5,685m for about 5-6hrs. After relax at Gilmans point for about few minutes continue walking to Uhuru Peak following crater rim for about 1-2hrs more to the highest point Uhuru Peak 5,895m. Descend to horombo hut via Kibo hut. Get breakfast and continue down to horombo hut for other more 3hrs. Dinner and overnight at horombo hut 3,720m.
Walk down to Marangu Park gate 5-6hrs. You will get hot lunch at Marangu Park gate. Overnight at Stella Maris lodge.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at Kilimanjaro airport and drive to Stella Maris lodge in Moshi Town 30-40 minutes. This lodge is before Moshi town. Has the perfect view of Mount Kilimanjaro.Airports
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.