7 Day Alice Springs to Adelaide Explorer
Capture the ancient spirit of the outback on this 7 day adventure from Alice Springs to Adelaide. Visit Uluru, Kata Tjuta, Kings Canyon, Coober Pedy, The Breakaways, Oodnadatta Track, Flinders ranges and Clare Valley.
7 days, 6 nights
- Aboriginal cultural interpretive walk (min passengers required)
- Experienced guide
- National park entry fee
- Meals as indicated
- Finger food for Uluru sunset
- Two night dorm accommodation with shared facilities
- Four nights standard camping.
- Day 1 : Day 1: Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and UluruKick off your adventure on the back of a camel! Our first stop is an authentic outback camel farm where you can choose to ride this form of desert transport. Then it’s off to Uluru (Ayers Rock) for lunch. Explore the 36 domes of Kata Tjuta as you get up close to this ancient geological formation. Fall in love with the desert sun as it sets over Uluru. Tonight you can sleep in a permanent tent or curl up in a swag (Aussie bedroll) and enjoy a night under the stars.Meals :Lunch, DinnerDay 2 : Day 2: Uluru to Kings CanyonAn early start is rewarded with the sunrise over Uluru – enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people as you embark on a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide. It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to see more Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon).Meals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 3 : Day 3: Kings Canyon to ErldundaGet your hiking shoes on today as we head out to explore the formations and towering rock faces of Kings Canyon. You will be left breathless by the sheer size and beauty of the canyon, as we trek through the Amphitheatre and discover the Lost City, the lush and ancient Garden of Eden, and the North and South Walls. We stop for lunch before we make our way back to our campsite for the night, Erldunda.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 4 : Day 4: Erldunda to Coober PedyWe depart early this morning to make our way to Coober Pedy, crossing the Northern Territory/South Australian border. We take a break at the outback town of Marla and stretch our legs. The next stop is Coober Pedy, the “Opal Capital of the World”. Upon arrival your guide will give you a tour of this unique town, before visiting an underground mine and museum for a guided tour. You will also have a chance to purchase some of the opal jewellery produced from the mine. Tonight we stay overnight in a unique underground bunkhouse in Coober Pedy.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 5 : Day 5: William CreekToday after breakfast we will travel into areas seldom seen by most tourists as we leave the sealed roads of the Stuart Hwy behind us and travel on unsealed roads to one of the remotest towns in the world, William Creek. On the way we will travel through the largest Cattle Station in the world, Anna Creek. As we drive gaze out at the endless horizons as we pass by the lake with the longest name in the world, Lake Cadibarrawirracanna. Arriving into town we will set up camp and have dinner. After dinner lay down in your swag and fall asleep as you count the shooting starsMeals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 6 : Day 6: Oodnadatta Track to QuornToday will be a long day of driving as we travel the famous Oodnadatta track to Quorn. Along the way we will visit Australia’s Largest lake, Lake Eyre. Visit the outback towns of Marree, Lyndhurst and Hawker. Stay tonight in private accommodation at the Mill Lodge, where you’ll also have dinner.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 7 : Day 7: Flinders Ranges to AdelaideIn the morning, eat a big breakfast and hike up one of the many peaks in the Flinders Ranges. Make your way back to Adelaide through the rolling hills and vineyards of the Clare Valley, arriving in the early evening. As your journey comes to an end here, we will drop you at your Adelaide city accommodation.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch
PICK-UP: Alice Springs accommodation – from 5:45am
Ayers Rock Resort - From 13.45pm
Sleeping bag can be purchased for $45