75-Minute The Capital Tour
The Capital Tour takes you through Victoria's history of becoming British Columbia's capital, also known as the Garden City
Experience the melodic hoof beats as the your eyes indulge in the natural ecosystem of Vancouver island,along with a plethora of beautifully landscaped garden beds.
Thru old town, the china town we proceed thru the inner harbour soaking in the views of the grand Empress Hotel and our Legislative building all while experiencing the time honored tradition of the gentle draft horse.
per adult from
1 hour 15 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Tour escort/host
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- The Capital Tour takes you through Victoria's history of becoming British Columbia's capital, also known as the Garden City. We begin from the side of the Legislative Buildings in the Inner Harbour - a beautiful piece of architecture that defines the cityscape. We continue by establishments that call to city's past as well as recount it, notably the Royal British Columbia Museum, the Oldest Church, and St. Anne's Academy. We then enter into one of the capital's most beautiful attractions: Beacon Hill Park.
Experience the melodic hoof beats as your eyes indulge in the natural ecosystem of Vancouver Island, along with a plethora of beautifully landscaped garden beds. We then take a quiet walk through the heritage homes of James Bay - the neighbourhood of Victoria's past and present - before heading up Government Street into the downtown core. Here you will see the Old Town, with displays of former banks and places of trade, along with the unique Chinatown. We proceed along the inner harbour and past the majestic Empress Hotel, soaking in views of the original steamship terminal, waterway, and Legislative Buildings before returning to the carriage stand.
Departure Point :600 Menzies St, Victoria, BC V8V 1X3, Canada
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers with mobility issues
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.