8-Day Choquequirao and Machu Picchu Trek from Cusco, Peru
This 8-day trek travels through the Apurimac Canyon surrounded by snowy peaks including Ausangate, one of the highest mountains in Peru. Also enjoy the Inca Trail, hot springs, a 6 km zipline in 6 cables 250 meters above the ground up to 80km / h. This trek is developed at heights ranging from 1,500 meters to 4,000 meters. The purpose of this trek is to visit the city of Choquequirao or golden cradle in English, and Machu Picchu the two lost Incan cities of Peru.
per adult from
6 to 8 days
What's included :
- 2 nights accommodation in hostel
- 6 nights camping
- National Park fees
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Round-trip shared transport
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- breakfast the first day
- meals the last day
- huaynapicchu and machupicchu mountains
- bus from aguas calientes to machupicchu and return
- sleeping bag
- Starting point: Cusco.
Arrival point: Cusco.
Activities: Archeological, Cultural, Ecological, Hike.
Feel free to ask about other services like hotel, accommodation and other tours.
Day 1: Cusco - Chiquisca
We will pick you up at 8:00 am in your hostel in the city of Cusco (3350m) then we will take a 3-hour by bus to capuliyoc (2800m) where we will take lunch. Then we will hike 3 hours to chiquisca (1930m) appreciating the beauty of the Apurimac canyon and the snowy Padreyoc
Hiking time 3 hours in warm weather .
Day 2: Chiquisca - Choquequirao
After breakfast, 2 hours walking down and 5 hours walking up through the apurimac canyon where we gonna see condors flying over us, at the end we gonna camp beside the archaeological city of choquequirao.
Day 3: Choquequirao - Río Blanco
We will observe the sunrise over the archaeological complex of Choquequirao or Cradle of Gold in english; then to the ruins of Pinchaunuyoc and from there descend to the deepest part of this mini canyon known as the white River (1900m), place where we will camp.
Walking time 6 hours.
Day 4: White River-Yanama
Early in the morning, we went up to the village of Maizal (3000m), which is the most difficult section, 9 hours walking and one part is inca trail, From there we descend to the community of Yanama (3530m), to locate a nice camp.
Day 5: Yanama-Totora pampa
7 hours walking through a wonderful view of the highest mountains, here we can see the salkantay mountain (6260), and many condors flying over us
Day 6: Totora - llactapata ruins
Enjoy the original inca trail 3 hours walking up to the top of the hill where is the military ruin llactapata and you can see for first time machu picchu
Day 7: Santa Teresa - Aguas Calientes
5 hours walking flat through the coffee plantations, finally enjoy the hot springs and 6 km of zipline in 6 cables with an altitude of 250m and maximum speed of 80 km/h
Day 8: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco
Early in the morning, we will walk 1 hour stairs up to Machu Picchu Archaeological Complex (2400m) where we will have the guided tour. The tour is enough pleasant time in an incomparable setting. Get enjoy by the type of architecture and the meaning of Machu Picchu that reaches all the enigma that leaves the sky. Once the visit is over, the client has all the time to reach the top of Huyna Picchu or the Temple of the Moon. And then we met again with the whole group in the town of Aguas Calientes, before taking the train back to the city of Cusco.
The weather in Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu is warm and humid with mosquitoes.
Departure Point :1: Cusco Region, Cusco Region
2: Procuradores 366, Cusco 08000, Peru
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Antisuyo 102, Aguas Calientes 08681, Peru
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.