8 days trek to Everest
This trek is an introduction to Everest and is for anyone who has dreamed of visiting the land of the Sherpa people and standing within sight of Mount Everest. The trek starts at Lukla (2805m) with an easy walk to Phakding. The trail to Namche Bazaar (3445m) gradually ascends. After an overnight stay at Namche the trail descend to the Dudh Koshi river and make steep ascend to Thyangbohce (3866m). After Thyangboche retrace the trail back to Lukla. The highlight of the short trek is sherpa culture and very close huge lofty mountain peak.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Dinner - All meals,accommodation in lodge, Service of trek guide, Porters to carry personal baggage (each 14 kg.) Accident insurance for staffs and porters. Flight cost,National Park and TIMS permits
- Entry/Admission - Namche Bazaar
What's excluded :
- Personal clothing,health insurance,Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, tips,Hotel in Kathmandu
- This trek is an introduction to Everest and is for anyone who has dreamed of visiting the land of the Sherpa people and standing within sight of Mount Everest. The trek starts at Lukla (2805m) with an easy walk to Phakding. The trail to Namche Bazaar (3445m) gradually ascends. After an overnight stay at Namche the trail descend to the Dudh Koshi river and make steep ascend to Thyangbohce (3866m). After Thyangboche retrace the trail back to Lukla. The highlight of the short trek is sherpa culture and very close huge lofty mountain peak.
Day 01: Fly Kathmandu to Lukla (2805m), trek to Phakding (2652m) – Guest house accommodation – 4 hours walk
Fly to Lukla. The flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and the landing at the small mountain airstrip is something you will be talking about for many years to come. After landing on the newly resurfaced airstrip, you will probably have a cup of tea at one of the lodge in Lukla before commencing trek. Bypass several villages before making a lunch stop at a beautiful spot alongside the Thada Kosi (river) below the base of the Kusum Kangru Himal. The second half of the trek to Monjo does not take more than 3 hours. The next big tourist village on the way to Monjo is Phakding (8700 ft/ 2,652 m). The entire walk from Lukla to Phakding is mostly easy walking over gentle up and down hills. Memories of the first day will include the sounding birds, the sights of porters with loads resting on sticks outside tea houses, tired trekkers on their way back to Lukla, prayer flag poles, the gaudy colors of the tea houses and of course the dramatic scenery.
Day 02: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3445m) – Guest House accommodation – 5 hours walk
As you start, you enter into Everest National Park area where entry formalities have to be completed. Today will be one of the harder days of the trek but we take it slowly, enjoying the scenery as you climb gradually upto Namche Bazar. Along the way there are two suspension bridges to cross as you zig zag up the Dudh Kosi river to reach at the base of the climb to Namche. A long steep climb but with several stops to catch your breath, and a slow pod, we make our way steadily upwards. The trail to Namche Bazar is a well marked, comfortable broad trail. Walking in the cool part of the morning it is easier to breathe and get used to the increasing altitude. After a easy paced three hours of hike you arrive at the heart of Khumbu- Namche Bazar (3540 mts). A well deserved break is planned for lunch and to look around this interesting small town.
Day 03: Acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar (3445m) – Guest House accommodation -3/4 hours walk
Free day in Namche, visit Namche bazaar or beyond Namche to Khumjung and Khunde village, monastery and shop around. You may use local internet facilities to communicate to your loved one from this remote and highest place.
Day 04: Trek to Thyangboche (3867m):Guest House accommodation – 6 hours walk
Trek along a very pleasant trail under the soaring peak to Thamserku and steadily descending to the Imja river where there are a series of water driven prayer wheels. You climb steadily for about 2 hours to Thyangboche Monastery (3875m) and the views from here are magnificent. The Monastery is literally surrounded by mountains. Yaks graze on the small meadow and the monks drone through their prayers. Yes, this is one of the most beautiful spots in the world.
Day 05: Thyangboche – Dingboche (4530m):
Trek up to the Imja river valley to Pangboche (3900m)where you stop for lunch and visit the Monastery. In the afternoon continue your trek to the summer village of Dingboche(4360m). The scenery all day is superb.
Day 06: Retrace trail to – Manjo (2850m):Guest House accommodation - 7 hours walk
Descending, pass through Namche Bazaar passing under the towering Kongde ridge (6186m) and follow the Dudh Koshi to Manjo.
Day 07: Phakding – Lukla (2800m):Guest House accommodation – 3 hours walk
Trek back to Lukla and overnight.
Day 08: Fly Lukla – Kathmandu:
After early breakfast at lodge fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any location in Kathmandu
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.