8.Ancient Olympia Full Day Private Tour
Let us drive you through the idyllic Athenian Riviera with the sandy beaches and picturesque
seaside villages. Enjoy a unique slice of the Mediterranean coastline and see a
mind-blowing Sunset with Temple of Poseidon in the background. You have the option to make
a Temple of Poseidon tour also in the morning.
per adult from
10 to 12 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- -English-speaking driver
- -Air-conditioned van vehicle
- -Private transportation
- Disposable masks and gloves are provided
What's excluded :
- -Entrance fees in the monuments
- -Meals & personal expenses
- -Official guide in the monuments (contact us for availability and price)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Archaia Olympia 270 65, Greece
Departing Athens, you will drive towards the west of it and you will continue your journey through the highway. One of the most impressive parts of the scenery will be the unique and historical location, between mount Aegaleo and the island of Salamis, where the naval battle of Salamis was fought, in 480 BC, with Xerxes viewing everything from the top of the mountain and the Persians receiving a devastating loss from the Athenians.Continuing the drive, you will pass the valley of Megara many centuries old, filled with groves of pistachio and olive trees with the view of the impressive mountains of the Peloponnese on the one side in the background.Then through the highway and the Peloponnesian mountains you will continue your drive and you will arrive in the beautiful plane of Olympia, approximately 4 hours after your departure from Athens.In Olympia you will see among other things, the ancient gymnasiums, the workshop of Phedias, the temples of Zeus and Hera, the altar where the Olympic Torch is always being lit for the Modern Olympics, the stadium, the pediments of the temple of Zeus, the statues of Nike of Paeonius and Hermes of Praxiteles, as well as the legendary helmet of General Miltiades from the battle of Marathon in 490 BC.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Olympia, Olympia, Elis Region, West Greece
After this fascinating experience of exploring the ancient sacred grounds and experiencing the serene environment of the site that inspired the sacred truce among the ancients Greeks, for a month prior to the Olympics each time, you will be able to have a short stop for lunch or a snack in the modern town of Olympia. Then we drive back to athens .
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our driver will be waiting for you at the hotel lobby/ apartmentYou may contact us if you need clarification.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- - We can pick you up from any hotel, accommodation, or central point in the city of Athens
- -If you desire an officialy licensed guide, is upon request (contact us for availability and price)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- -All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides and they cannot escort you inside sites, museums and monuments.
- If you need a Infant/child Seat plz call us and let us know at least 1 day before the tour
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- There is a limit of passengers per 9seats vehicle of 5 passengers + the driver, Exceeding the passenger limit is exceptionally permitted, provided that only parents with their minor children are in the vehicle. The use of a non-medical protective mask by passengers and the driver is mandatory.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.