9 Day Gardens Tour of Morocco
Morocco is a country of contrasts; the maze of the medinas and exotic souks of Fez and Marrakech, hidden courtyard gardens, long views to the dramatic Atlas Mountains and warm, hospitable people who are happy to share their culture,traditions and valuable knowledge about Morocco.The gardens visited give a balance of intimate courtyard gardens with vibrant plants, colourful tiles and splashing water. We visit the Atlas Mountains where the Berbers tend their terraced fields and flocks of sheep and goats.We book your accommodation in Moroccan guest houses which are surronded by exotic gardens. Based in the countryside near Marrakech our first, Le Beldi, is a welcoming riad-style hotel, surrounded by gardens and rose fields with views to the Atlas Mountains. We then move to Taroudannt, south of the Atlas, to a private riad guest house with an amazing garden designed by Eric Ossart and Arnaud Maurières.
What's included :
- Accommodation in Single Double Or Twin rooms.
- All Breakfasts.
- Transportation in private AC SUV(Toyota Prado) OR AC Mini-Vans(Mercedes Vito,Mercedes Viano,Hyundai H1)
- English-speaking driver & guide for the entire trip.
- English-speaking city guides in Fes & Marrakesh.
- All applicable taxes.
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses.
- Tips for guide,drivers,waiters etc.
- Travel insurrance.
- Day 1: CASABLANCA-MARRAKESH: Fly into Casablanca. Visit the Habbous quarter, and the art deco buildings in the center of the city, the Hassan II Mosque, and the United Nations square before departing for Marrakech. Upon arrival, have an orientation tour of the” red city”. In the evening, dinner at the Riad and overnight. Day 2: MARRAKESH:We will take youfor an introduction to the extensive medina with its farmers’ markets and local craftsmen. then down various bustling little medina streets at lunchtime until we reach an enchanting riad garden with rambling bougainvillea, jasmine, glazed pots, decorative tiles and water fountains. An exuberant garden of courtyards and terraces and a perfect place for lunch. Afternoon visit to the striking Jardins Majorelle, created in the 1930s and restored by Yves St Laurent. Day 3: HIGH ATLAS/TOUBKAL NATIONAL PARK:A day in the Atlas Mountains. The snow-capped Toubkal mountain (4167 metres) towers above the Berber village of Imlil. The stunning and dramatic scenery can be viewed from the rooftop terraced garden where we enjoy lunch. Walk down to Imlil village through walnut woods with time to explore the village before descending the valley returning to Le Beldi. Day 4: MARRAKESH GARDENS:Morning visit to the traditional country gardens of La Maison Arabe, reached through La Palmeraie. An innovative blend of potager garden with decorative shrubs and climbers. We enjoy a delicious lunch under the fig trees in the courtyard. Continuing to Marrakech we discover the sumptuous gardens of Hotel La Mamounia. Traditional, immaculately-kept, large gardens within the medina walls, with produce used in their own restaurant. Day 5: TAROUDANT:Departing south across the Atlas Mountains and through the Argan tree growing region we arrive at medieval Taroudannt, follow the ancient ramparts to Dar al Hossoun, our base for three nights. Lunch awaits us in the garden. In the afternoon the owner shows us the plant collections. We enjoy an aperitif together before dinner with local specialities.
Day 6: TAROUDANT GARDENS:Leave in the morning up the southern slopes of the Atlas Mountains to visit a Berber village and the potager and orchards of a restored farmhouse where we have lunch or a picnic. Guided visits to a nearby privately-owned garden with succulents and grasses, water rills and a courtyard designed by Ossart and Maurieres. Dinner together at our riad.
Day 7: TAROUDANT:Morning visit to an exceptional walled private garden on the outskirts of Taroudannt continuing to enjoy time in the bustling, colourful souks. Afternoon optional cookery course at the riad preparing dishes to be enjoyed together at dinner.
Day 8: MARRAKESH :Return to Marrakesh for an overnight stay at the Riad.
Day 9: CASABLANCA AIRPORT
Departure Point :Airport or Hotel
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.