90-Minute "Conquistatour of Saint Augustine" Guided Historical Walking Tour
Step back in time on this 90-Minute Guided "Conquistatour of Saint Augustine" Historical Walking Sightseeing Tour. Your Licensed Guide will regale you with tales of Saint Augustine dating between the years 1565-1888.
Learn about the local natives that the Spanish Conquistadors met when they arrived on the shores of Florida. The struggles, battles, and hardships that they endured. You will then meet some of the Pirates and Privateers that tried to take the city with a visit from some of these characters during your tour. Learn when the British took possession of Florida in a Treaty of Paris and how the ownership went back to Spain in another Treaty of Paris. See some wonderful architecture as you are whisked away to Henry Flagler’s era and find out more about his influence here.
Pass by top St. Augustine sites such as:
• Castillo de San Marcos National Monument
• Huguenot Cemetery
• Bridge of Lions
• St. George Street
• Flagler College (former Hotel Ponce de Leon)
• Lightner Museum
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- 90-Minute Guided "Conquistatour of Saint Augustine" Historical Walking Tour
- Historical Tour lead by Licensed Guide, covering St. Augustine between 1565-1888
- Learn when the British took possession of Florida in a Treaty of Paris and later returned to Spain
- View wonderful architecture as you experience Henry Flagler’s era and learn about his influence here
- See traces of the Spanish Empire in Florida
- See historical sites such as Castillo de San Marcos, Huguenot Cemetery, and the Bridge of Lions
- Pet-Friendly Activity
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Lightner Museum
- Entry/Admission - Flagler College
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Castillo de San Marcos National Monument, 1 S Castillo Dr, Saint Augustine Beach, St. Augustine, FL 32084-3252
A monument not only of stone and mortar but of human determination and endurance, the Castillo de San Marcos symbolizes the clash between cultures which ultimately resulted in our uniquely unified nation. Learn about the wooden forts that were all burned before building the stone fort. These marauders couldn't break the spirit of the citizens of St. Augustine.
Stop At: Huguenot Cemetery, A1A Orange Street, St. Augustine, FL 32084
Learn about the first protestant cemetery outside the city gates and the Yellow Fever epidemic that filled it!
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: 20 Bridge of Lions, St. Augustine, FL 32084
Learn about the builder of the bridge and the dream for a new city on the other side.
Stop At: St. George Street, St. George St, St. Augustine, FL 32084
Learn about what was once called the Royal Road.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Lightner Museum, 75 King St, St. Augustine, FL 32084-4386
Learn how the building went from hotel to museum. See where the largest pool in the world sat!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Flagler College, 74 King St, St. Augustine, FL 32084-4342
The former Hotel Ponce de Leon, listed as a National Historic Landmark. Learn about the finest hotel and the finest people who stayed there!
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :St. Augustine Civic Center, 10 S Castillo Dr, St. Augustine, FL 32084, USA
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Flagler College, 74 King St, St. Augustine, FL 32084, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides will maintain social distance and still deliver a great tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.