A day hike from Kathmandu to Bagadwaar
A Day hike from Kathmandu to Bagdwara is one of the best things to do in Kathmandu offering jaw dropping panaromic view of Himalayas. This is a refreshing gentle hike in the healthy lush damp green forest taking you through Nagi Gompa, Budhanilkantha, Shivapuri and bagdwara who are in Kathmandu for a day or 2. This forest houses 19 species of wildlife like Himalayan black bear, leopard, barking deer, wild boar, wild cat and monkeys along with 177 species of birds : Bird watchers’ paradise.
This is like the Kingdom of Clouds! Staying there for a sec to turn the beautiful scenery into unforgettable pictures is inspring. Bagdwar, the origin of sacred Bagmati River, where the water comes out of a tiger-shaped spout at altitude of 2732m, our ultimate destination. You will enjoy the view of Ganesh Himal, Langtang Himal and Jugal himals in the north and Manaslu Himal in the south from the second highest hill around the valley : the Shivapuri hill.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Professional, experienced and government licence holding local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Travelers will be walking inside the naturally beautiful Shivapuri National Park starting from Budhanilkantha reaching up to Bagdwara and Nagi Gompa.
We will start our journey for a day hike from Kathmandu at 8 am in the morning from the hotel you are staying at. We will collect you from your hotel and drop you at the same after trip completion. Starting location is Budhanilkantha which is a sacred place among Hindus. You will see stone carved statue of Lord Vishnu lying over similarly crafted Snake (Sesh nagha). Then we proceed through Shivapuri national park on a walking trail very old and being used by Nepalese Army for national park patrolling. A dense forest and lust of nature will make your tiredness go away. Reaching at the top of hill you will see natural beauty of surroundings and Bagdwara, starting point of Holi river Bagmati. Taking left side of hill down will take you to Nagi Gompa, a famous Buddhist monastery in Nepal. Then we will continue our walk up to Sundarijal and drive back to your hotel.
Our guides being local experts and environmentally conscious, travelers will enjoy their description during the walk
• Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park, North Side of Kathmandu Valley, Kathmandu Nepal
• Nagi Gompa, Kathmandu Nepal
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All travelers will be picked up and dropped off at their respective hotels.Airports
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
Departure Time :8:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.