A day in the roman countryside - Art, Food and Fun!
A private tour customized for you and your friends/family to discover the Roman countryside, known as "Castelli Romani", an area so close to Rome but still completely off the beaten paths where you can enjoy a real day with locals, visit the Pope's Palace in Castel Gandolfo exceptionally open to public for the first time in 400 years and try some of the best specialties of the area with food and wine tasting.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Snacks - Cappuccino and Strawberry Tart in Nemi
- Private Guided Tour with an Official Rome Tour Guide
- Entrance Ticket to the Pope's Palace
- Entry/Admission - Palazzo Pontificio
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Lunch is not included
- What not listed in the included items
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Parco Regionale dell'Appia Antica, Via Appia Antica, 60, 00178 Rome Italy
We will leave Rome and drive along the Appian way the oldest roman road still accessible today
Stop At: Lago di Nemi, 00040 Nemi Italy
We will enjoy a visit to Nemi a unique little town built on the shore of a volcanic lake famous for its production of wild strawberries. Food Tasting Included
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Palazzo Pontificio, Piazza della Liberta, 00120 Castel Gandolfo Italy
We will visit the POPE'S SUMMER PALACE where I will take you for an amazing guided tour. Since November 2016 the Palace has been open to public for the first time ever, visitors are now able to explore the Pope’s house, his private bedroom overlooking the lake Albano and the official rooms where Popes have been receiving official guests for centuries. After our guided tour we will stroll through the town to take some lovely pictures and enjoy our FOOD TOUR stopping at differents places tasting some of the specialties of the area and local wine.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Castel Gandolfo, Castel Gandolfo, Province of Rome, Lazio
Lunch break in a local restaurant where we can enjoy some specialties of the area (not included in the final rate)
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :00073 Castel Gandolfo, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.