A Mindful Meeting at Inle Lake
As serene as the lake’s surface, the Shan State’s main attraction forms the pinnacle for getting into a laid-back mood with ample resorts offering inspired-to-relax views. We’re talking about Inle Lake, home of the famous one-legged rowers of the Intha, local villages with handicraft and agricultural industries reigning supreme and ancient landmarks within a full day’s tour away. Wanting to capture the essence of relaxation even during your daily ventures in Myanmar, this wellness tour option fills in the blanks in your mind, body and soul-inspired travel itinerary. Guided in the healing world of meditation by a leading monk, this full-day tour options provides an introduction to meditation those interested and guests with some experience will gain new insights at this centre of mindfulness in the heart of the country.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Return transfers by boat from /to Maing Tauk meditation centre.
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description(except Inle Lake Zone fee)
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Simple lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Meditation Centre
What's excluded :
- Inle Lake zone fees
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Entry/Admission - Maing Thouk Village
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maing Thouk Village, Inle Lake, Nyaungshwe Myanmar
Your morning pick up from your hotel in Nyaung Shwe or Inle Lake by an English speaking guide is followed by a boat ride to Maing Tauk. This small town along the eastern shores of the lake has taken pole position for those seeking solitude and peacefulness at the Shan State. Depending on the location of your resort, the transfer over often the calm surface of Inle Lake will be a short one. Accompanied by your guide, the captain gently docks at the main jetty at Maing Tauk for a good 1-hour walk uphill to the meditation centre. The hike up and reaching the centre is on its own eases you in a state of relaxation with beautiful views over the mountain ranges and the vastness of the Shan State.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Meditation Centre, Myanmar (Burma)
Upon arrival, you will be warmly welcomed by a monk, a local expert in the art of meditation. His means of explaining the various steps of mindfulness commences with a lecture about the importance of meditation in one’s life and how it positively can change perceptions.
Part of the day will be on your own, practising your meditative state in privacy and overlooking the lake from a private room. Guided by the principles of the various stages, the experience of control will soon seep through all parts of your body – the centre itself is already an oasis of serenity, enabling practitioners of any level to get into the right mindset in no time. A simple lunch is served at the meditation centre.
At the end of the session, you thank the monk for his assistance and hospitality shown before making your way back to the boat jetty for the return transfer back to your Inle Lake or Nyaung Shwe resort (approximately 20-30 minutes), totally refreshed and ready to welcome another day.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located in Nyaung Shwe and along Inle Lake. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Kalaw, Taunggyi, Pindaya and the domestic airport are excluded.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Nyaung Shwe and along Inle Lake. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Heho, Kalaw, Taunggyi, Pindaya and the domestic airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Due to the nature of this tour, we regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- It is of the greatest importance to follow the guide’s instructions during this event in paying respect to the local customs. This includes approaching the monks, taking photographs and obeying the unwritten rules and regulations of this deeply-spiritual encounter.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
- This tour is not recommended for families with children under the age of 12 years old.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.