A Private Walking Tour of Varanasi's Ashrams
For centuries, Varanasi has been home to Indian philosophy, mysticism and spiritualism. Therefore Varanasi has numerous Muths and Ashrams. Each of the city’s different religious Hindu sects have their own Ashram. Many of these Ashrams have survived for centuries and remain centers of spiritualism and religious activities. This walking tour will familiarize you with different Ashrams in this city.
• Walking Varanasi
• Ashrams as an institution
• Ashrams as they impact society and people
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Transport by private air conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within city center only
- English speaking local guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Varanasi, Varanasi, Varanasi District, Uttar Pradesh
Our driver will pick you up from your hotel in Varanasi at 9:30 A.M. and transfer you to the starting point of your walking tour. An English Speaking Guide will accompany your Ashram Tour.
Varanasi is a mecca of Spirituality, Yoga, Ashrams and Meditation in India. It is one of the ancient cities of the world. Archaeological research indicates the city is at least 5,000 years old. India’s Hindu population revers this most sacred city and pilgrimage site.
Together with your guide you will visit different Ashrams. Your guide will explain how they function and operate and what their contribution to Hindu society is.
Different Ashrams will be visited and their influence on people and culture will be explored.
After your tour will conclude, you will be taken back to your hotel within Varanasi by your driver.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Varanasi, Varanasi, Varanasi District, Uttar Pradesh
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- This is a walking tour. Wear comfortable shoes
- Children must be accompanied by adults
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.