A short walk through Ranikhet
Ranikhet – a 19th Century cantonment town has come a long way. Today, it is a huge Indian cantonment with the Kumaon regiment and is a base for many military exercises. This walk will take you through buildings of that era – including churches and old colonial bungalows and the hilly forests that called the British back.
While the history of the town goes back to the 16th Century, there isn’t much left from the area. The walk will start from one of the old churches of the region and we will be seeing 4 of them. 2 are converted into wool workshops for war widows, one is a relic and one remains functional. We will also be visiting some of the old grant bungalows and stepping in for tea in one of them.
So visit a different side of this cantonment town. It is a side that you would have been reading of. But few would have guided you past this. The essence of Ranikhet is truly captured in this walk.
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ranikhet,, Airari, Ranikhet, Uttarakhand 263645, India
The churches of Ranikhet, old forests, workshops and much more!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Narsingh Ground, Airari, Ranikhet, Uttarakhand 263645, India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Hotel Rosemount, Mall Road, Pandey Kota, Ranikhet, Uttarakhand 263645, India
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.