A Unique Cultural Experience
The guest is welcomed into the community and is allowed the opportunity to actively participate so as to explore and learn different elements of this culture. As a guest, it's the best way to closely observe traditions and customs like gender roles, food preparation, sex and marriage, music, taboos, totems, agriculture, hunting, and bark cloth making.
On any other tour, one will be hard-pressed to find the ideas, customs, and social behavior of these particular people (the Baganda) on display in one place. It is such a rich cultural experience that will enlighten, amaze, surprise, and even potentially horrify some in some elements. Our aim is to help our guests better understand one of the major tribes that make up our country, Uganda.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Mityana Hospital
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mityana Hospital, Mityana Town Council/P.O. Box 52, Mityana, Uganda
Near the hospital is a community project that brings the 'Kiganda' tradition to life taking one back in time when the traditions of the Buganda Kingdom were maintained. This includes making local wine, hunting, local food preparation, games such as wrestling, plus the mysterious stories shared amongst women preparing to get married. It is deeply enriching and a discovery of the old traditional way of life
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :1: Post Office Building, Plot 35 Kampala Rd, Kampala P.O.Box 7106, Kampala, Uganda
2: Imperial Shopping Mall, Entebbe, Uganda
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels around Kampala City and EntebbeAirports
- Entebbe Airport, Entebbe Uganda
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.