A visit to Atotonilco and Dolores Hidalgo
This tour is the beginning of the independence route. It is full of my national history and a magic voyage through baroque art. We will visit the Atotonilco church and its chapels. The church where the independence revolution started in 1810, Miguel Hidalgo’s museum and taste the ice creams famous for its diverse flavors. On the way, we include the pottery factory and shop
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Admission tickets included
- Guia turístico certificado
- Entry/Admission - Atotonilco Sanctuary (Sanctuario de Atotonilco)
- Entry/Admission - Independence Museum
- Entry/Admission - Museo del Vino de Guanajuato
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Atotonilco Sanctuary (Sanctuario de Atotonilco), Atotonilco Mexico
Built-in 1740 by Padre Luis Felipe Neri de Alfaro this sanctuary was declared as World Heritage site by UNESCO on 2008, come to admire its gorgeous murals painted by Antonio Martinez de Pocasangre related with the passion of Jesus of Nazareth.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Parroquia Nuestra Senora de los Dolores, Plaza Principal S/N, Zona Centro, Dolores Hidalgo 37800 Mexico
This his the historical parish Church where Padre Hidalgo started the independence movement on September 16, 1810,
Its magnificent facade carved in pink sandstone is a delicious example of the baroque architecture,
Inside we´ll see the beautiful altar pieces also on baroque style.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Plaza Principal - Jardin del Grande Hidalgo, Zona Centro, Corner Principal & Hidalgo, Dolores Hidalgo 37800 Mexico
Dolores Hidalgo´s main square the reunion place of locals and visitors,
We won´t miss the traditional Dolores Ice creams.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Independence Museum, Calle Zacatecas No. 6, Col. Centro, Dolores Hidalgo 37800 Mexico
Formerly the jail of town from the colonial time until the 1960s, now this building houses an interesting museum-related with the Independence revolution and the role played by Miguel Hidalgo.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Museo del Vino de Guanajuato, Calle Hidalgo # 12, Dolores Hidalgo 37800 Mexico
Let's visit this magnificent building formerly a hospital and now the museum of the vine where we will have an introduction to this important industry of wines and vineyards located in the area.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick our costumers up 15 minutes prior to or after the departure time.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.