A Walk Through A Unique Kolkata Neighbourhood
Join your guide on a walk through a unique part of Kolkata. Commonly referred to as a slum but really a functioning part of the city, you will get to know some of the inhabitants, how they live, where they work and where they encounter their daily challenges and find their enjoyments. Visit a nearby nursery school and a rubber factory and get a feel for this friendly community.
• A unique Kolkata neighbourhood and its people
• View small Scale Industries
• Insight into the daily live of Kolkata’s poor neighbourhood
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within city center.
- English speaking local guide.
- Goods for children.
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata District, West Bengal
Our driver will pick you up from your central Kolkata hotel along with your English Speaking Guide..
Upon arrival at the neighbourhood commonly referred to as a Slum, you will take a walk to experience how a part of the population in Kolkata live. Our aim is to show you that such a neighbourhood is not only about the poverty, unpleasantness and general deficiencies.
You will get to know a wide variety of small scale enterprises, from rubber factories, leather bag making, recycling of plastic, small shops and open air laundry. Walking through this part of Kolkata, you will find smiling faces and friendly folks in spite of the hardships they face. The walk will enhance your understanding of components of modern Indian society.
Once your tour will be finished, enjoy lunch at a local restaurant (Under Own Expenses).
After lunch, you will be dropped back to your hotel in central Kolkata by our driver.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata District, West Bengal
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Airport, Kolkata (Calcutta) India
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable shoes recommended
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.