A Walk Through Time Tour in Portland
Curious about Portland's history with railroads, fires, wars, famous poets and Hollywood producers? Join us for a Walk Through Time! This tour begins on Commercial Street and continues for 2 hours through the historic Old Port, downtown and waterfront areas, sharing highlights of Portland's history since 1632.
Some of the locations we may feature on your tour include; the lobster statue, the home of Henry Wadsworth-Longfellow and his place of worship, the Eastern Cemetery, the Abyssinian Church, the U.S. Customs House and more.
***Tour duration is two "ish" hours, based on guest engagement and pace of the group. Planning on 2.5 hours for arriving early to check-in and make it back to your vehicle post tour is recommended.
per adult from
What's included :
- Two hour - closer to two and a quarter duration
- Snacks - You will be treated to a sweet treat at the end of the tour.
What's excluded :
- Your tip to your guide is not included. The suggested gratuity is 20%.
- Entry/Admission - Old Port
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lobsterman Park, 1 Temple St, Portland, ME 04101-4011
View the statue and engage in a brief discussion of the importance of the lobster industry in Maine.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Old Port, Commercial St, Portland, ME 04101
Some of the locations that we may feature on the tour include the lobster statue, the home of Henry-Wadsworth-Longfellow & his place of worship, the Eastern Cemetary, the U.S. Custom House and more...
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Market Street, Portland, ME
Your guide will show you this street where farmers brought their goods before supermarkets.
Pass By: Congress Street, Portland, ME
Guests will walk down this street referred to as the spine of the peninsula,
Pass By: Wadsworth-Longfellow House, 489 Congress St, Portland, ME 04101-3414
Your guide will walk you hear and tell the story of the Wadsworth home.
Pass By: Portland City Hall, 389 Congress St, Portland, ME 04101-3566
Your guide will share great history here!
Pass By: Portland Observatory, 138 Congress St, Portland, ME 04101-3608
Walk to the highest point in Portland.
Pass By: Eastern Cemetery, 224 Congress St Mountfort St., Portland, ME 04101-3639
Hear the stories of sea captains while walking by this cemetery.
Departure Point :1 Union Wharf, Portland, ME 04101, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :75 Commercial St, Portland, ME 04101, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please use a parking garage or lot NOT parking meters
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Out of state travelers must quarantine for 14 days prior to taking our tour OR conduct a COVID-19 test in your own state within 72 hours of arrival to Maine and carry proof of your results to show upon check in. Those traveling from NH, VT, CT, NY, NJ are waived from this requirement.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.