Aboriginal Homelands Experience from Ayers Rock including Sunset
Join a traditional owner of Uluru, a member of the Uluru family, on this seven-hour afternoon cultural tour to their homelands, Patji. Spend time learning about the oldest living culture in the world as you travel on remote bush tracks and stop at fascinating and historically significant sites along the way. Join them for afternoon tea round the campfire and hear how they survived in this desert environment before tourism started in the region. Continue on to a private sand dune to marvel at the expanse of the desert overlooking Uluru and Kata Tjuta while enjoying light refreshments at sunset.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Services of a professional driver/guide
- Touring in modern air-conditioned 4WD vehicles
- Aboriginal host
- Afternoon tea
- Sunset drinks (non-alcoholic) and light snacks
- Water to refill bottles on all vehicles
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Red Centre, Northern Territory
Accompany the Traditional Uluru Family to their homelands called Patji and spend time learning about the oldest living culture
in the world. A unique and exclusive touring experience, Patji is located just outside of Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park south of Uluru. Explore this extraordinary environment by 4WD with your Aboriginal guide, stopping along the journey to hear stories such as how Paddy Uluru fought for Aboriginal land rights to where Uluru is today. The Uluru family will share their personal story with you during this authentic cultural experience. Join them for afternoon tea under a remote shelter to hear how they survived in this desert environment before tourism started in the region. continue on to a private sand dune to view the great expanse of the desert overlooking Uluru and Kata Tjuta enjoying sunset with drinks and light snacks.
Summer itinerary includes morning tea and lunch
Winter itinerary includes afternoon tea, non-alcoholic sunset drinks and light snacks.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If you are staying at Emu Walk apartments, your pick up location will be Desert Gardens hotel.If you are Staying at The Lost Camel, your pick up location will be Sails in the Desert Hotel. Pick up times differ depending on the time of year. April, August, September and October (1st-15th) 13:30. May, June, July 13:00October 16th-31st 14:00November, December, January, February, March 07:00
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Maximum 10 participants
- Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park tickets are NOT required for this tour
- Please wear covered shoes, full brimmed hat and bring sunscreen
- Please bring bottled water
- Please advise any particular dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Tour not suitable for infants under 5 years of age
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Tours are conducted in a travel bubble. The group travels together without sticking to social distancing measures, however the guide will ensure you are kept away from other travel bubbles in the area. Please BYO PPE as it will not be provided. A Covid 19 form is to be filled out on tour departure.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.